News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Atheist Image Dump II

Started by Whitney, April 30, 2011, 02:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fester30

Of course he's hanging his flag incorrectly.  That or the pictures are reverse negatives.  The field of stars goes in the upper left, not upper right.  Sorry... pet peeve of mine.

Recusant

Quote from: RaphielDrake on February 14, 2012, 11:19:54 PM********, this young caveman has made his home on youtube and I'm going to make him into a meme if its the last thing I do. Please look him up, his videos are hilariously misinformed.

I don't doubt that the young fellow is misinformed, but he may learn, and look back on his videos with embarrassment. Will you look back with embarrassment on your attempt to create a small-minded, ad hominem meme?

Point of information; I think that a small forehead would be more "suspicious," if you're trying to imply that the lad isn't quite all there. He doesn't have a small forehead, though, does he?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: MariaEvri on February 14, 2012, 05:57:45 PM
I remember reading somewhere that ATkinson hated his role as Mr. Bean because he was too goofy/stupid

Maybe some days he did.
I like the cartoons.

Too Few Lions

I found this on the internet yesterday and it made me chuckle, if only that small part of the Sistine Chapel looked like this...

Ihateyoumike

Quote from: Too Few Lions on February 15, 2012, 05:08:40 PM
I found this on the internet yesterday and it made me chuckle, if only that small part of the Sistine Chapel looked like this...

Ha!! Now that one is funny!
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Amicale

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

history_geek

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Amicale

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 15, 2012, 07:42:42 PM

Yeah, but if we admit we're crazy and we get help for it, there's no stigma.  :P  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Amicale on February 15, 2012, 03:20:58 AM
Once he hits college or university, he may very well change, as many kids do. No sense picking on him, eh?

Yep.  My girlfriend's daughter used to worry about my soul and afterlife when she was 8, she's now 22 and recently informed us, very casually, that she's an agnostic. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Amicale

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 16, 2012, 01:39:36 AM
Once he hits college or university, he may very well change, as many kids do. No sense picking on him, eh?

Yep.  My girlfriend's daughter used to worry about my soul and afterlife when she was 8, she's now 22 and recently informed us, very casually, that she's an agnostic. 

:) Yep, she grew up, learned to think for herself. Good on her.

If there's one sure thing I've learned, it's that at 26, I'm a very, very different person than I was at 21, and at 16. It seems like every five years or so, I notice myself growing, changing, learning. I hope it's for the better. I'm trying to be open to changing views that don't make sense, and to be open to accepting new ones that do.

Crow

Quote from: Amicale on February 16, 2012, 02:27:24 AM

If there's one sure thing I've learned, it's that at 26, I'm a very, very different person than I was at 21, and at 16. It seems like every five years or so, I notice myself growing, changing, learning. I hope it's for the better. I'm trying to be open to changing views that don't make sense, and to be open to accepting new ones that do.

But do you feel any older than when you were 21 even though you have grown and changed as a person?
Retired member.

Amicale

Quote from: Crow on February 16, 2012, 03:05:29 AM
Quote from: Amicale on February 16, 2012, 02:27:24 AM

But do you feel any older than when you were 21 even though you have grown and changed as a person?

Honestly, yes. I do. In the last 5 years, a lot's gone down in my family and with my personal life, including the birth of my daughter almost 4 years ago. Having a child will make you feel a sense of responsibility you never had, that's for sure.

Guardian85

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 16, 2012, 01:39:36 AM

I tip my hat and raise my cup. Good on her!

-Unknown Smartass-