News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Atheist Image Dump II

Started by Whitney, April 30, 2011, 02:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

history_geek

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Amicale

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Amicale

Not specifically atheist, but still related:

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

joeactor

Tank

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on February 13, 2012, 05:00:59 PM

Tank, this is awesome. Rowan Atkinson is one of my favourite actors of all time, but I certainly didn't know he held THIS view. *grin*

True story for you: an old professor of mine was in England, and she got invited to a dinner party. Atkinson was there... and instead of joking around like she assumed he would, he stunned her by talking about all kinds of academic subjects, everything from English literature to science to history. She was just amazed. He's smart as a whip. :)

MariaEvri

I remember reading somewhere that ATkinson hated his role as Mr. Bean because he was too goofy/stupid
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Amicale

Quote from: MariaEvri on February 14, 2012, 05:57:45 PM
I remember reading somewhere that ATkinson hated his role as Mr. Bean because he was too goofy/stupid

Hmm, possibly. Although I do enjoy Mr. Bean, I LOVE Atkinson in his other stuff -- Thin Blue Line and Blackadder, especially. Also, his stand-up comedy is just awesome.

RaphielDrake

********, this young caveman has made his home on youtube and I'm going to make him into a meme if its the last thing I do. Please look him up, his videos are hilariously misinformed.

EDIT: Well you won't be making a meme of him here. HAF is not your personal advertising forum. - Tank

Amicale

Quote from: RaphielDrake on February 14, 2012, 11:19:54 PM
*********, this young caveman has made his home on youtube and I'm going to make him into a meme if its the last thing I do. Please look him up, his videos are hilariously misinformed.

Welcome to the forums.

That being said, I only take issue with the stuff adults put out online. Not kids. Once he hits college or university, he may very well change, as many kids do. No sense picking on him, eh?

EDIT: removed name so it doesn't get assocoiated with forum or additional Google hits - Tank

Asmodean

Quote from: Amicale on February 15, 2012, 03:20:58 AM
Once he hits college or university, he may very well change, as many kids do. No sense picking on him, eh?
...And if he does change, we can stop picking and his current homies can start.  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.