News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

"Jewish" Sam Miller lie exposed

Started by PaulKing, April 18, 2011, 08:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulKing

Correction. (As I am sure some Catholic will bring this up as a defense).

Sam Miller is a trustee of the Jewish Federation of Cleveland (not worthy of note by Forbes Magazine) along with one HUNDRED others. A non active title that usually reflects a donation.  With the numerous Catholic Charities he is the CHAIRMAN AND A SENIOR BOARD MEMBER.

Apologies for that error.

PaulKing

On further research I have found that the Forbes article omitted a number of Jewish charities that Sam is involved with. Despite this, his main interest and most influential role is with Catholic charities and Catholic societies that promote the faith.

He has received major financial rewards for his insurance company from said association.

His religion, if any, remains an enigma. I suspect it is profit.

Recusant

Quote from: "PaulKing"His religion, if any, remains an enigma. I suspect it is profit.
As I watched you presenting your evidence over the course of several posts last night (including the first SUMMARY) I'm very glad that I refrained from commenting.  Your second conclusion, quoted above, is the same one that I reached when I spent some time researching Mr. Miller's background.  I certainly do appreciate the effort you've put into this.  There remains the first request in my post for a source for the information that Miller at some point subsequent to his speech admitted using false figures and apologized for it.

I hope you don't think I'm trying to give you a hard time, PaulKing.  Though I have mellowed with the years, I still harbor a particular disgust for the Catholic church, and found Miller's speech repugnant.  When I reach for a mallet to flatten the assertions of the next Catholic apologist who comes along merrily waving a copy of the speech (I think it's reasonable to assume that such foolish people exist), I want to be sure that the handle of that mallet is firmly attached to the head.  Thanks again.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

PaulKing

Dear H L Mencken,

I cannot find Sam admitting he lied, just the journalist admitting "he may have misquoted" him. Sam Miller is involved with a few Jewish charities but his principal activity (in the role of board member and Chairman) is with those of the Catholic faith.

It seems clear he traded his defense of the Church in return for lucrative contracts for his rather shady insurance company.

I will continue to dig and see what else I can find.

What is most disturbing is the Catholic media continue to circulate the original interview with the totally bogus statistics while being fully aware they are a total fabrication.

Warmest regards,

Paul King