News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Are they evil?

Started by Byronazriel, April 09, 2011, 06:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on July 18, 2011, 07:24:50 AM
LS, you do seem to spend an awful lot of time finding boxes to put yourself in and categories to file yourself under.
Well, he is very young, is he not..? For some reason, young people seem to be attracted to boxes - just not the boxes someone else places them in.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

LegendarySandwich

LS, you do seem to spend an awful lot of time finding boxes to put yourself in and categories to file yourself under.
That is very true. It's probably due to a need to feel like I belong somewhere, to some group.

Stevil

That's probably why I grew long hair and wore black t-shirts and jeans as a kid, to belong to a group (metallers)
Now, I'm still a Metaller but I have no need (desire) to look like one. I don't need to fit a stereo type. Just comfortable being me.

Tank

Quote from: LegendarySandwich on July 20, 2011, 06:23:36 AM
That is very true. It's probably due to a need to feel like I belong somewhere, to some group.
Well there is only one group you definitely fit into and that is human, the rest are mostly fashion statements of some type or another, except 'myself' and that is a set of one so not really a group in the technical sense. The harder you try to fit into a group the harder it is to fit because you're attempting to satisfy other people's expectations. You are a unique combination of genes and memes shaped by experience. You end each day a slightly different person from the one who woke up so don't place abstract walls around you that constrain you becoming what you will.

Do no harm, be nice to those who are nice to you (ignore the others as far as you can) and roll with the hard knocks. Be yourself, not a poor reflection of others desires.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.