News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Introduce your critters

Started by KDbeads, January 25, 2011, 05:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

You're not the only person who thinks Katie looks like an Ewok, that's her nick name! Sally is known as 'The Princess'.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Cecilie

This is our dog, Hamlet. He's a 2 year old Cavalier.

And another one of him eating dirt or something.

The world's what you create.

Tank

That is a lovely dog and some excellent photographs!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Melmoth

"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

Cecilie

Quote from: "Tank"That is a lovely dog and some excellent photographs!
Thank you! I'm not entirely sure who took the photos. It sure wasn't me. :P

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Tank"I can't believe there isn't a thread for pet pictures! I did search for one but couldn't find one. I'm sure this thread will get merged into it if one of 'The Old Gang' can remember it  :)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6746&p=101704

The Magic Pudding

Dog in younger days.

Older and wilier dog

A cattle dog cross Jack Russel is a very vigilant dog, this one has cost me a lot of sleep.

Tank

Quote from: "Melmoth"Ze doogs:

imageshack
Norton just blocked an attack from the video hosting site!

Melmoth

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "Melmoth"Ze doogs:

imageshack

Norton just blocked an attack from the video hosting site!

That's worrysome... has anyone else had that problem? I thought ImageShack was fairly bog-standard. Unless there's a virus on my PC (though I don't think that's likely) and it got.. into.. the video somehow? Or have I just made myself look very stupid? :hmm: I'm totally clueless with this stuff. When it comes to IT, I might as well have been in prison for the last thirty years.
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

Cecilie

I didn't have that problem.

missedtheboat

This is Leo Franz.

Loving all the cuddle critters on here!

Ulver

Great pictures!
Here is Shadow (left; Shetland Sheepdog, age 13) and Dexter (right; Pomeranian, age 3). Shadow is our old family dog, and Dexter is solely my dog, fatherless in a long past breakup :P

februarystars

This thread needs more cat representation.

This is Spot. He just turned 15 last month. He is stubborn and ornery, but he likes to cuddle when it's on his terms. He is missing one of his top fangs, so his lip gets stuck on the bottom fang a lot. This, paired with his crooked eye from a fight with a neighborhood stray, makes him look really goofy.

This is Fifi. She is 16, and will only drink her water from the bathroom sink. She's too old to jump up there herself anymore, so she just sits in the bathroom and howls until somebody lifts her up. Her favorite hobbies include doing everything she's not supposed to do.
Mulder: He put the whammy on him.
Scully: Please explain to me the scientific nature of "the whammy."

McQ

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

KDbeads

I guess I should update my list...........

We were forced to put Tesla down last week due to an ACL blowout and subsequent spinal damage in less than 24 hours of diagnosis.  It was hell for a few days here but it was choice that had to be made.
In the 7 days since she lost her bonded buddy Curie has not been the same, I haven't been able to sleep due to the constant howling, barking, moaning, groaning, whimpering etal.........  She really didn't take it well at all which made it even worse for me since Tesla was my dog.
So today, after talking with several of my rescue insiders I drove 6.5 hours round trip and a whole tank of gas to pick up a rescue that needed a place to go ASAP.  A puppy mill breeder brought in with several other breeders and a bunch of studs.  She was the last female on the list and had been in the shelter over a month.

It's been quiet since I put her in the truck with Curie at 2 pm.  Not a whimper out of Curie all day since and right now, there is NO howling or barking. :yay:

So the little miracle doggy?
Meet Ada (after Ada Yonath), she'll be officially retired from breeding on Wednesday, the earliest we could get her in for a spay.  She is a pure breed basset, just really tiny.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams