News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

marcus, youre not annoying.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

Quote from: MarcusA on June 03, 2023, 09:18:09 AMI must be really boring because I am loud and emotive.
Actually, it's the dark and quiet types who tend to be on the boring side - unless of course they make up for it by being skilled conversationalists, for example.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Went on a weekend break to south Wales. Stayed in Tenby and visited Pembroke castle. A very impressive place.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Oh, that is cool! Do you know to what degree they are open to visitors? I may want to visit since I do enjoy a good castle crawl, but then I have been in quite a few where, unfortunately, all you get are carefully-curated exhibitions in the keep, while I prefer to... Well, roam, really.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

Weren't you there when it was built, Mr. Pam?

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on June 06, 2023, 12:46:08 PMOh, that is cool! Do you know to what degree they are open to visitors? I may want to visit since I do enjoy a good castle crawl, but then I have been in quite a few where, unfortunately, all you get are carefully-curated exhibitions in the keep, while I prefer to... Well, roam, really.

It's the most open and accessible castle I have ever been to. Lots of places to climb and investigate.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: No one on June 06, 2023, 01:24:52 PMWeren't you there when it was built, Mr. Pam?

I was, but I went by another name then.

No one

billy rubin

how old is tbe keep? it looks norman.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on June 06, 2023, 05:41:35 PMhow old is tbe keep? it looks norman.

Good call. That is correct. It's stood like that since built as it has a stone dome roof, not a wooden one, so it never collapsed in.

Pembroke Castle.

Asmodean

The Asmo hereby adds it to His travel destinations. Now that His family situation is... Resolved, He can do stuff like go castle crawling in His free time.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

I want to explode
in all directions and
concentrate in one.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

billy rubin

when i came back to america i went to sch ool in a town in oklahoma called norman.

they advrrtized in the papers to come visit the norman churches!

it actualy took me awhile to figure that out, but i was young, back then

Icarus

The sheer number of stones and the labor required to set those stones is mind boggling. The stone masons did a helluva good job. Aside from admiration of the structural elements, It is a dismal looking place.

MarcusA

The mind is a funny thing: it makes stuff up that it then believes.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.