News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

...So The Asmo's been shipped home at the cost of one appendix and one dignity point. That's before the financials of it all, but not too terrible.

No good drugs to show for it, as misfortune would have it. And holes. Holes in His Divine Magnificense. What if He leaks now?! The Asmo wanders off to fill The Asmo with something and see if He is still a suitable fluids container.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

Earlier, while out and about, i was fortunate enough to witness some lady perform a 97 point turn to park her minivan. It was something.

Who gives these hoomans licenses?

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on February 01, 2023, 05:02:29 PM...So The Asmo's been shipped home at the cost of one appendix and one dignity point. That's before the financials of it all, but not too terrible.

No good drugs to show for it, as misfortune would have it. And holes. Holes in His Divine Magnificense. What if He leaks now?! The Asmo wanders off to fill The Asmo with something and see if He is still a suitable fluids container.  >:(

Good to hear there were no serious side effects!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Anne D.

Quote from: No one on February 01, 2023, 05:36:23 PMEarlier, while out and about, i was fortunate enough to witness some lady perform a 97 point turn to park her minivan. It was something.

Who gives these hoomans licenses?

Entirely possible it was me, no one. Apologies. Although you must have mistaken my hatchback for a minivan.

No one

I thought you were more of a 66.6 point turn person.

Ecurb Noselrub

My granddaughter cannot back up to save her life, so 97 point turns are a way of life for her.

No one

Kids these days, am I right? You have a camera, sometimes it's a 360 view.

Asmodean

The Asmo doesn't even have a thing that beeps at Him when He reverses. He's still mildly ashamed every time a turn takes more than four points.

...But then, He also declares failure if the car is not equidistant from the borders of the parking spot and generally has a touch of OCD about parking.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on February 03, 2023, 06:31:58 AMThe Asmo doesn't even have a thing that beeps at Him when He reverses. He's still mildly ashamed every time a turn takes more than four points.

...But then, He also declares failure if the car is not equidistant from the borders of the parking spot and generally has a touch of OCD about parking.

Necessity, being a rep in London, made me very good at parking. I once went to a friends place and had to park in an ultra tight spot. When we went into his flat (apartment) he told me they had an underground car park. He came with me to mu car to let me into the car park. When we got to my car his reaction was, 'Fuck, you've been blocked in!' Hehehehee
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Yeah, I got that a couple of times. I don't "Paris-park" if I can avoid it, but can manage far less vehicular distancing than ye-average-person-from-round-here.

Actually, I tend to park from the principle of "don't be annoying to other drivers - unless they've parked like shit. Then, if you parking well means they cannot get in - so be it."

The wonders of having an aging car that can take a ding or two to the door lists. :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Well there is a good adage. Always park next to a car more expensive than yours.

Dark Lightning

Living in California, I used to drive old beat cars so that I didn't have to worry about dents or scratches, after having some that were nicely fixed up and painted getting damaged. I bought my first new car in '04, a brand new '05 Toyota Corolla. It replaced a '68 Buick hot rod and paid for itself with the difference in fuel mileage, plus it had air conditioning. The last day I drove the Buick it was 105ΒΊ F in the shade, and I had no shade, on the ride home. I had had enough of sitting in traffic in that heat.

billy rubin

Quote from: jumbojak on January 27, 2023, 09:31:06 PMWell, I'm single again. Probably just as well. I had outlived my usefulness for her. And her dog hated me.

shit

sorry for that

set the function, not the mechanism.

billy rubin

on backing up, had to back up my 30 000 pound 33-foot long truck 100 feet down an alley in wheeling west virginia the other day.

wheeling is always tight, but this was silly. less tha a foot of clearances thw whole way and i had to squeeze through a gap between a fence and a power pole with less than one inch of clearance on either side.

i always have to do stuff in narrow places, but that one was silly.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Asmodean

If there is one thing I have massive respect for when it comes to lorrying, it's the drivers' ability to back a semi through a corner, around a parked car and seamlessly up to a loading dock using nothing but mirrors. Mad skills. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.