News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

I am sorry to hear of your loss, JJ.   My condolences for having lost a true friend.

jumbojak

There were lots of times over the last fifteen years that he was my only friend. If it wasn't for him I literally would not be here today. And now, every time I move around the house I expect to hear him sit up from his spot. I look at his bowl, his blanket. Walk in the house and it's empty. I really hate this.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dark Lightning

Sorry about your dog, that's a sad time.

billy rubin

theres an elm tree over by my corncrib

there are five dogs buried under it spanning thirty years.

every one still hurts

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on November 25, 2021, 10:58:45 PM
I had to put my dog down yesterday. Lots of tears.

I know that feeling  :'(

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

Quote from: Tank on November 26, 2021, 07:48:25 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on November 25, 2021, 10:58:45 PM
I had to put my dog down yesterday. Lots of tears.

I know that feeling  :'(

Me too. Sorry for your loss.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Anne D.

I'm so sorry, JJ. That's so hard.

Recusant

What they said.  :-[

Don't wait too long for another. 
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

I'm off on a short 'holiday' for the first time in nearly 2 years. Nothing special, a trip to a Centre Parc about an hours drive away. Most of the family and all the grandchildren will be there. And the dogs come too! :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Hurrah! Have a safe journey and a splendid time.  :heyhey:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Ecurb Noselrub

Spend all the time you can travelling with those you love. Nobody ever said, on their deathbed, "I wish I had spent more time at the office, or the factory, or working wherever."  Get out, see the world, enjoy!!!!!

billy rubin

lol

i see the world for a living.

when i want a vacation i go home and lie on the couch all day.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

hermes2015

Have a good time and don't go anything I would do.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

i have just looked up "center parcs."

it seems to be some sort of extended . . . resort?

i d never heard of them. what will you do there?