News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

I am sorry to hear of your loss, JJ.   My condolences for having lost a true friend.

jumbojak

There were lots of times over the last fifteen years that he was my only friend. If it wasn't for him I literally would not be here today. And now, every time I move around the house I expect to hear him sit up from his spot. I look at his bowl, his blanket. Walk in the house and it's empty. I really hate this.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dark Lightning

Sorry about your dog, that's a sad time.

billy rubin

theres an elm tree over by my corncrib

there are five dogs buried under it spanning thirty years.

every one still hurts

i expected nothing but im still disappointed

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on November 25, 2021, 10:58:45 PM
I had to put my dog down yesterday. Lots of tears.

I know that feeling  :'(

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

Quote from: Tank on November 26, 2021, 07:48:25 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on November 25, 2021, 10:58:45 PM
I had to put my dog down yesterday. Lots of tears.

I know that feeling  :'(

Me too. Sorry for your loss.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Anne D.

I'm so sorry, JJ. That's so hard.

Recusant

What they said.  :-[

Don't wait too long for another. 
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

I'm off on a short 'holiday' for the first time in nearly 2 years. Nothing special, a trip to a Centre Parc about an hours drive away. Most of the family and all the grandchildren will be there. And the dogs come too! :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Hurrah! Have a safe journey and a splendid time.  :heyhey:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Ecurb Noselrub

Spend all the time you can travelling with those you love. Nobody ever said, on their deathbed, "I wish I had spent more time at the office, or the factory, or working wherever."  Get out, see the world, enjoy!!!!!

billy rubin

lol

i see the world for a living.

when i want a vacation i go home and lie on the couch all day.

Ecurb Noselrub

hermes2015

Have a good time and don't go anything I would do.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

i have just looked up "center parcs."

it seems to be some sort of extended . . . resort?

i d never heard of them. what will you do there?