Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 16, 2021, 08:03:42 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on November 15, 2021, 11:58:55 PM
Quote from: No one on November 15, 2021, 02:27:21 PM
Lobster
Crack crabs
Filet Mignon
Special mushrooms
I don't think I've ever had any of those.  :notsure:

Oh, Mags. You haven't lived.  Can I take you out to dinner?

Oh! Yes, Please!
I can see myself, "Finally living!"
:lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Speaking of food...

Thanksgiving-Turkey Day is coming.
Anyone cooking all day, that day? I am.  :computerwave: Not to celebrate the angry white man's massacre of Native Americans, but because the ham is on sale.  :reading:

Right after people pray, I will say, "So, what do you guys think of Trump?"

--Oh, it's gonna be great.  :lol:

***Now that I think about it, I should be a Jehovah's Witness because I am a naturally annoying person.

:notsure:

:devil2:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

i just got a call to ask whether i wanted to drive a load of steel to dallas and bring something back. i wont be back until thursday but the money is good and ive had too much time off while they worked on my eye

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

Good on you Billy.  With the recent eye surgery, you should probably try to finiggle your trip in such a way as to avoid night driving.

Be careful out there, friend.

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on November 21, 2021, 09:12:58 PM
i just got a call to ask whether i wanted to drive a load of steel to dallas and bring something back. i wont be back until thursday but the money is good and ive had too much time off while they worked on my eye

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 22, 2021, 02:47:32 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on November 21, 2021, 09:12:58 PM

OMG!
I just love truck driver music.

Magdalena

**ahem**
By the way, Kevin, I'm glad you came here, one day, and decided to stay.

Magdalena

...OK, just one more thing.
I'm not kidding. When I came to this country, this is the very first record I bought. I actually wanted to be a truck driver at 10!  :lol:

billy rubin

well, thank you, people.

allow me take this moment to apologize for occasionally being an asshole.

this is a place i come to decompress. most of the rest of my life seems, sort of awkward

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

Everyone is occasionally an asshole - or worse. You're fine.

At least you don't drive your truck through a Christmas parade.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 22, 2021, 10:56:41 PM
Everyone is occasionally an asshole - or worse. You're fine.

At least you don't drive your truck through a Christmas parade.
:this:

billy rubin

oops

crossed the mississippi and the scale house has me overgross at 82180 pounds. they put me out of service.

i thought i was good at 79900. now i cant move until they bring a giant fork lift and take off one of the plates.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on November 23, 2021, 06:33:10 PM
oops

crossed the mississippi and the scale house has me overgross at 82180 pounds. they put me out of service.

i thought i was good at 79900. now i cant move until they bring a giant fork lift and take off one of the plates.

That's a bummer. How long will that take?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

i dont know. i did 478 miles before noonyesterday when they  stopped mr. now is sunrise the next day. my boss drove 700 miles with a pickup and a trailer . soi called him and hes arranging the lift.

bad schedule issue. tomorrow is thanksgiving and i have 450 miles to go. depending on how long it takes to do i might not get thrre unti friday

was planning to be there 0800 today, but no

should not have been a problem. theres 2000 pounds icant find unless they mislabelled the weights

Ecurb Noselrub

They probably forgot all the cocaine stuffed under the trailer.