News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

I did the rounds, whistling Always Look On The Bright Side of Life.
I met the neighbour that's seldom there, we're going to barbecue.
My metal garage still stands, but not at the same angles the designer intended.
I've got a locked metal filing cabinet in it I keep my power tools in, I thought they might be alright, the filing cabinet still stands!
There's an aluminium ladder up against the back of the garage, the top half is melted away, it's gone.
Maybe my Makita belt sander, planer, drill, my little Husky chain saw are interesting melded copper and plastic blobs.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

billy rubin

eucalyptus are not good neighbors.

good deal on surviving.

did it burn away the fuel around your place or are you still at risk?

set the function, not the mechanism.

Bad Penny II

I don't think we are at risk, it's cold.
Much fuel was burnt away, there's still scrunchy leaves out there though.
It's going to be a hot day, 34C but we're safer than we were yesterday.

Ecurb Noselrub

You should write a book.  Always capitalize on near tragedy.

And why were there so many FOWL in the air?   ;)

Magdalena

Good to hear that everyone is fine, Bad Penny II. The whole thing sounds scary. :worried:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Wow BPII! What a scare! Glad you're ok
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Siz

Dammit BPII... Dammit.
...And other ineloquent expressions of horror/sadness/concern...

But also this:

Glad we didn't lose you. Could you pre-write some posts for submission in the event of Bad Penny being spent?

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

jumbojak

That sounds like it was close. Stay safe down there.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Bad Penny II

Thanks to those who expressed concern and to those who didn't, you're on my list.

Quote from: Siz on November 07, 2019, 10:38:16 PM
Could you pre-write some posts for submission in the event of Bad Penny being spent?

Well I am past my prime anyway.
In case of my demise I suggest someone just inserts old random posts of mine.
They're unlikely to be relevant but I don't think anyone will notice any difference.

Siz

Quote from: Bad Penny II on November 08, 2019, 09:06:43 AM
Thanks to those who expressed concern and to those who didn't, you're on my list.

Quote from: Siz on November 07, 2019, 10:38:16 PM
Could you pre-write some posts for submission in the event of Bad Penny being spent?

Well I am past my prime anyway.
In case of my demise I suggest someone just inserts old random posts of mine.
They're unlikely to be relevant but I don't think anyone will notice any difference.

Past your prime what?

Relevance is entirely overrated. And besides, you can't be expected to jump for clients who don't pay on time.

I'll do my best not to notice for you.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

jumbojak

An older Asian woman has been hitting on me whenever I go to Target. It's a strange feeling.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

JJ, Unless the older Asian woman is a geriatric case, perhaps you should respond in a positive way. Even if she is a geriatric she might become a friendly, wise, and perhaps valuable friend.  Your call. 

jumbojak

She's not geriatric. Frickin cougar, honestly. I might just give it a shot. What can it hurt?

Icarus

My experiences with cougars were rewarding.  Yep, I have been attacked by one or more of them....I am pleased to say. ( well not lately because there can be no nubile  women older than me.......sigh.)

If you are a nautical person you will be familiar with the expression: having your pole varnished. Enough said.  If an old fashioned taxidermest it is : having your horn scraped. In your case, as a mechanical person, it might be; checking someones oil. ....... Dammit, I fear that I have lapsed into some sort of prurient impropriety.  I will try to behave after this.... I promise. fingers crossed

hermes2015

In my active years I was a magnet for Asians, who were constantly hitting on me. This was no problem for me, because I am mainly attracted to smooth young Asians guys. I have always wondered why we have such different preferences in our choice of sex partners, with some guys liking bears, others like otters, while people like me have a taste for Asian twinks.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames