News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cncracer

I think my problem with most beer is they feel heavy. The sweet taste I also am not wild about, but can live with. I found an exception in Japan where they had Dry beer. It was as refreshing as ice tea, and after a year of my new found friend had added inches to my mid-section LOL. Now back state side I find I seldom drink beer. Have a glass of dry red wine on special occasions, but seldom to add refreshment to my day.  

Crow

Quote from: cncracer on June 23, 2012, 02:29:09 PM
I think my problem with most beer is they feel heavy. The sweet taste I also am not wild about, but can live with. I found an exception in Japan where they had Dry beer. It was as refreshing as ice tea, and after a year of my new found friend had added inches to my mid-section LOL. Now back state side I find I seldom drink beer. Have a glass of dry red wine on special occasions, but seldom to add refreshment to my day.  

This is also why Japanese beer is my favorite.
Retired member.

The Magic Pudding

This horse has been in the news, quite fast apparently, not that I'm terribly interested in such things but she is a snappy dresser.

Ali

ZOMA!  I didn't know Australians dressed horses up in little outfits!  I now know what I want to devote the rest of my life to - designing outfits for Aussie horses!  I'm thinking something with a lot of chiffon and intricate beading on the bodice.  Like this:

http://www.onlinepromdress.com/Quinceanera-Dresses/Quinceanera-Dresses-Collections/5437.html

(Hahahahahahahahhaha at dressing up a horse in a Quinceanera dress.  And ASMO I am pissed that I didn't get a Quinceanera.   >:()

Tank, you want to talk beauty and style in racers?  That goofy looking "car" is nothing compared to an Australian Bay dressed up like the Prom Queen.  *sniffs*

cncracer

"NONES"
I see the media and now PEW Report using the term "NONES"  to describe the non-religious. It has made me wonder if just a name change is all it takes to get people out of the Atheist closet.  Even in the US, with the new name we see a major jump across all age brackets, and among the 19 to 29 range over 30 percent list themselves as "NONES".  New Zealand breaks the 40% mark, with no sign of the shift slowing down.  I wonder if changing the name was enough to remove the stigma religion has put on Atheist?   

Recusant

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on June 23, 2012, 04:42:24 PM
This horse has been in the news. . .

Today she got a pat from the source of your hats, Mr. Pudding, and it's sounding like she'll be retiring now.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Quote from: Recusant on June 23, 2012, 05:57:37 PM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding on June 23, 2012, 04:42:24 PM
This horse has been in the news. . .

Today she got a pat from the source of your hats, Mr. Pudding, and it's sounding like she'll be retiring now.
Her Majesty the Queen is... Retiring?  :o

:P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Firebird

Which beers do you drink state side? I'm sure there's something you could find here amongst all the great microbreweries that you'd like. Maybe a nice wheat beer or lager, for example (not Budweiser or any of the big brands).
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Guardian85

Quote from: Firebird on June 23, 2012, 07:18:56 PM

Which beers do you drink state side? I'm sure there's something you could find here amongst all the great microbreweries that you'd like. Maybe a nice wheat beer or lager, for example (not Budweiser or any of the big brands).

Why is american beer similar to having sex in a canoe?  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

OldGit

Quote from: Guardian85Why is american beer similar to having sex in a canoe?  ;D

.retaw ot esolc gnikcuf s'ti esuaceB

Ah, the old ones are best!  I've always wondered if that cocktail called 'sex on the beach' is named for the same reason.

Firebird

In defense of US beer:
Yes, Budweiser, Miller, and most of the other big-name US beers are worse than horse-piss (no offense to Budhorse4's horses :) ) But there are tons of amazing craft brewers in the US which have sprung up in the last 15-20 years and make really amazing brews. If you don't believe me, look for Sam Adams (the biggest of the craft brewers) and try some of their stuff out. Or if you live here, look for Stone, Dogfish Head, Smuttynose, Bear Republic, Cambridge Brewing Company, and Rogue, amongst many many others that would take forever to name. I dare say they could go toe to toe with any other beers in the world.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Ali

^^ Or anything by New Belgium.  Everyone loves Fat Tire.  I even like it, and I hate most beers.

Asmodean

Beer, eh..? How long has it been since I've had one, I wonder...

Generally, I find the taste unpleasant - same with vodka and whisky
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

The discussion of modern society and how technology has affected it and will continue to affect it has been moved to Social Issues and Causes.
— H. L. Mencken