News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveS

Hi all - here's what's on my mind today:  I'm outta here for about 3 weeks.  I'm leaving today to a customer site to support a major software cutover, then I'm heading to Disney World with the family for vacation the day after I return, and right after vacation I'm heading out to another customer site to support a system move.

I'll probably only stop by the forum sporadically if at all - but I'll be back in mid-October.  I love this place - so as the Governator says, "I'll be back"!

Take care all,
Steve

rlrose328

Have a great time, Steve!
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

tigerlily46514

Have a blast Steve!!!!  Will your distillery be okay all that time?  Need me to drive over there and watch over it??  bah ha ha!!

Hey, if it is raining on Disney World day, go on anyway!  That place is better in the rain!  No lines!!  Plus being all wet keeps ya cool, and makes you feel freer!  

We''ll flag all NRA messages for you for when you get back!!   ha ha!  (or is that the other Steve???)            :lol:    
Love,
~jean
"religious groups should stay out of politics-OR BE TAXED."

~jean
"Once you explain why you dismiss all other possible gods-- i'll explain why i dismiss your god."

Whitney

have fun steve.

What's on my mind today?  I'm glad it is friday.

Btw, does anyone play halo?  Brian plays and is wanting to add anyone who gets on live.  Even if you don't play halo, share your xbox live gamer tag.  Maybe we can join a clan or whatever dorky name you gamers call it :)

Steve Reason

I hope all goes well for you Steve. We'll keep a light on for you.  :wink:

Hey laetusatheos, I play the PC version of Halo online from time to time. I don't have an xbox.
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/

Churchworker

My gripe is there are too many false prophets lead by Satan.

McQ

Quote from: "laetusatheos"have fun steve.

What's on my mind today?  I'm glad it is friday.

Btw, does anyone play halo?  Brian plays and is wanting to add anyone who gets on live.  Even if you don't play halo, share your xbox live gamer tag.  Maybe we can join a clan or whatever dorky name you gamers call it :)

My son plays Halo 3. He's addicted to it, naturally. I'll try to get his online info.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

rlrose328

The kid had two taekwondo seminars today, one for sparring and one for kicking technique.  The great thing is that the hubby took him so I could have some time alone.... all wasted playing solitaire and posting on Yahoo!Answers.  But it was a good waste of time... I feel very rested and content tonight.

Sorry, we don't play Halo... I don't know why... we play everything else.  LOL!
**Kerri**

Churchworker

All of the false prophets every where being lead by the devil.
Every where I go I see false prophets. The world is full of them and they are lead by the devil.
But it keeps the devil busy so he is less likely to tempt us good Christians who love Jesus.

rlrose328

I guess it's better to see false prophets than dead people, eh?  :-)
**Kerri**

Tom62

What's on my mind today? Friday, my landlady called me to tell me that she's going to sell our house. She found a buyer who would like us to move before the end of this year. This is hardly possible, because my wife lives in Lisbon and I will have difficulties to find something else on such a short term. Half of our stuff have to go to Lisbon and the other half remains (for the moment) in Germany. Which means that we have to move twice. Interesting enough my wife has a chance to get a job in New York. That would mean that we likely have to move 4 times within the next 3-6 months, because I'd love to be reunited with my wife again. Last night we spend many hours looking for houses on offer for rent on the Internet, but haven't found anything reasonable that I could afford. We hope to move out on our own terms, but I'm afraid that my landlady would try to get us out the nasty way.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Whitney

Tom, do they not have rules in your area that require the lease be upheld by the new owner?

In either case, that really sucks.

Tom62

Quote from: "laetusatheos"Tom, do they not have rules in your area that require the lease be upheld by the new owner?

In either case, that really sucks.

According to german law the new owner takes over our lease. When he purchases the house he can only get us out in six month time, but only if he can prove that he needs the house for himself. The landlady already found a buyer, who desperately needs a house to live in and only buys the house is we move out earlier. Our landlady therefore puts a lot of presure on us to move out asap. I can only hope that this doesn't turn out nasty.

My wife and I agreed to do the move at our own pace. My gut feeling tells me that we won't be able to move this year, but at the end January or beginning of February.  Things could then get more complicated, in case my wife finds a new job. She applied to several management positions all over Europe and in the States, so I have to be sure that my new lease contains a clause that I can move out when my wife passes her probation.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

rlrose328

Aw, Tom... that truly sucks.  Do you WANT to move to New York?  Personally, that would be a drag for me... I'm not partial to the northeast.

Let us know how it goes.
**Kerri**

McQ

Quote from: "rlrose328"Aw, Tom... that truly sucks.  Do you WANT to move to New York?  Personally, that would be a drag for me... I'm not partial to the northeast.

Let us know how it goes.

Hey, now!

The Northeast is my home!  :lol:

Watch out, or Santa will skip right over your place this year.  :D
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette