News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Yes, while thet are not REALLY manditory, I find myself in position when I want cute boots, I have a very hard time finding women's shoes that ARENT heels. :(
The market makes women shoes as  anything with heels. And it's so hard to find any without. I wear sneakers and flats, but nice boots kina are tough to get. Society almost forces women to wear heels.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Thunder Road

Kant is fucking hard to understand.
"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see." -John Lennon, Strawberry Fields Forever

Freshman Meteorology major at Valparaiso University in Indiana and fan of exclusively classic rock.

Crow

Quote from: Sweetdeath on January 19, 2012, 02:41:37 AM
Yes, while thet are not REALLY manditory, I find myself in position when I want cute boots, I have a very hard time finding women's shoes that ARENT heels. :(
The market makes women shoes as  anything with heels. And it's so hard to find any without. I wear sneakers and flats, but nice boots kina are tough to get. Society almost forces women to wear heels.

If you think there is a market for them, design some find an investor and go for it. Many of the big named designers have had a lot of flats in their collections for the last few season but haven't really filtered through to the highstreet except for the ballerina style flats and women's brogues.
Retired member.

Sweetdeath

Aw, that would be fun. I am a lover if ballerina flats, doc martins, and converse hi-tops. <3 :)

Sorrry for my hulk moment. I'm all good now.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on January 19, 2012, 02:32:52 AM
Quote from: Ali on January 18, 2012, 06:26:34 PM
<a href="http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/aasaliman/Snapshot_20120118.jpg">Seeeeend mooooooore braaaaaaains</a>

ETA:  I have no idea why my html isn't working.  It's supposed to be a link that says "Send mooore brains" and then brings up that picture.  Mod help?  Or just html smart person help?

Seeeeend mooooooore braaaaaaains

Yay!!!!!  Thank you!

Asmodean

Hmm... Needs bigger Zombine, is what needs.  ???
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Thunder Road on January 19, 2012, 02:48:51 AM
Kant is fucking hard to understand.

What was it that they say? Nietzsche can write but Kant can't?

Awful, I know.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 19, 2012, 05:12:27 AM
What was it that they say? Nietzsche can write but Kant can't?

QuoteImmanuel Kant was a real pissant
Who was very rarely stable,
Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy begger
Who could think you under the table,
David Hume could out-consume,
Wilhelm Freidrich Hegel.
And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
Who was just as schloshed as Schlegel.
There's nothing Nietzche couldn't teach ya
'Bout the raising of the wrist.
Socrates himself was permanently pissed.
John Stuart Mill, of his own free will
On half a pint of shandy was particularly ill.
Plato, they say could stick it away,
Half a crate of whiskey everyday.
Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle,
Hobbes was fond of his dram,
And René DesCartes was a drunken fart
"I drink, therefore I am."
Yes, Socrates himself is particularly missed,
A lovely little thinker but a bugger when he's pissed.

QuoteNietzsche receives a yellow card after claiming that Confucius has no free will. Confucius he say "Name go in book". In the second half Karl Marx replaces Ludwig Wittgenstein, but does nothing to advance the game. With just over a minute of the match remaining Archimedes cries out "Eureka!", takes the first kick of the ball and rushes towards the German goal. Socrates scores the only goal of the match in a diving header off a cross from Archimedes. As the sketch closes, the Germans dispute the call; "Hegel is arguing that the reality is merely an a priori adjunct of non-naturalistic ethics, Kant via the categorical imperative is holding that ontologically it exists only in the imagination, and Marx is claiming it was offside."

xSilverPhinx

LOL

And now I feel like watching Monty Python ;D

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sweetdeath

I could watch the holy grail xD  Need to own that dvd. That, and Men in tights.

corgilover

Quote from: Sweetdeath on January 19, 2012, 05:50:41 AM
I could watch the holy grail xD  Need to own that dvd. That, and Men in tights.

Tight tights!   ;D

Crow

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on January 19, 2012, 05:21:45 AM
QuoteNietzsche receives a yellow card after claiming that Confucius has no free will. Confucius he say "Name go in book". In the second half Karl Marx replaces Ludwig Wittgenstein, but does nothing to advance the game. With just over a minute of the match remaining Archimedes cries out "Eureka!", takes the first kick of the ball and rushes towards the German goal. Socrates scores the only goal of the match in a diving header off a cross from Archimedes. As the sketch closes, the Germans dispute the call; "Hegel is arguing that the reality is merely an a priori adjunct of non-naturalistic ethics, Kant via the categorical imperative is holding that ontologically it exists only in the imagination, and Marx is claiming it was offside."

That was well offside.
Retired member.

Sweetdeath

Eating chocolate icecream and watching Merlin. :)

Asmodean

Someone I knew once newly went toes-up, apparently.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali