News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Are there like flowers and such where you are at this time of year?

...I wouldn't mind a occasional flower over 'ere right now. :sadnod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on February 09, 2024, 04:57:22 AMWhassup with this thread? It is usually well attended.  Last entry on the fifth now it is the eighth of Feb.

I will try to wake it. This is what is on my mind at this time.

Yesterday I went to a Mohs surgeon to remove a simple skin cancer on my face. It was not a dangerous one because it was a basal cell carcinoma. Well Sheeeeit! I now have a face with a nine cm long slit and 16 stitches to close it. It seems that the damned BCC was one that I had ignored for a long time and it did what that kind of cancer does......It slowly grows larger and larger.  I waited much too long to have it fixed.

Damn, that sounds nasty. Maybe you can tell people you got the scar at Heidelberg?

billy rubin

Quote from: Asmodean on February 09, 2024, 02:32:06 PMAre there like flowers and such where you are at this time of year?

...I wouldn't mind a occasional flower over 'ere right now. :sadnod:

no, nothing. theyr flying out to poop and to look for pollen. this time of year weak hives get robbed to death. i may buy some feed.

unusually warm. like 13 C

set the function, not the mechanism.

Anne D.

Quote from: Icarus on February 09, 2024, 04:57:22 AMWhassup with this thread? It is usually well attended.  Last entry on the fifth now it is the eighth of Feb.

I will try to wake it. This is what is on my mind at this time.

Yesterday I went to a Mohs surgeon to remove a simple skin cancer on my face. It was not a dangerous one because it was a basal cell carcinoma. Well Sheeeeit! I now have a face with a nine cm long slit and 16 stitches to close it. It seems that the damned BCC was one that I had ignored for a long time and it did what that kind of cancer does......It slowly grows larger and larger.  I waited much too long to have it fixed.

Sounds like you'll have a cool tough-guy scar. Those can be attractive. Come up with a good story.

The Magic Pudding..

If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Dark Lightning

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

The Magic Pudding..

I Googled 'cause I thought there might of/should of been a Spitfire spark plug.
There was but that one looks like a Bosch.
If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Dark Lightning

It's got wings that look Spitfire-ish (half-elliptical), but it is indeed a Bosch plug.

Tank

I'm going bionic in bits. Latest addition to my augmentation are hearing aids. My hearing up to 2kHz is normal but sensitivity drops off dramatically above that. A lot of female human speech is above this. I have to say I love them! They have an odd effect when I speak it sounds as if I'm standing in a large echoy room. They are quite sophisticated in that they are Bluetooth enabled. The App on the phone comes with a room optimisation option. This creates a profile that is stored on the phone and uploaded when one is in a particular room. It has some built in profiles such as crowded room, cinema, conversation etc. Each one adjusts the audio output profile. And all on the NHS (including batteries) paid for by the tax I have paid over the decades. Walking home I was surprised at how many birds there were!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

universal health care  makes so much sense.

no wonder we just let people die in america

set the function, not the mechanism.

Icarus

I too have hearing aids. Have had the same pair for 6 years. It is normal for male persons to have difficulty hearing higher frequencies. Indeed some of the female voices are unintelligible even with the hearing aids.

You are fortunate to avoid having to pay a bundle for your new instruments. I paid $3200 for the pair that I have.  I was quoted as much as $7200 when I was shopping around. The hearing aid business in the US is characterized by larcenous sales people.

Hearing aids are a blessing. The only thing bad, is that when the batteries have nearly expired the performance of the hearing aids diminishes. At low battery intervals, my wife becomes annoyed with me for failing to understand what the hell she just said. I confess that I sometimes ignore her prattle even when I did understand what she said.

Asmodean

The Asmo is also a cyborg. :smilenod: ICL implants so that He can do stuff like see in the dark (-ish) and also in daylight and read things and zap things with lazers because He can see them, so He can aim in their general direction.

Un. Stoppable. :smilenod:

(Cost between 4000 and 5000US, as I remember - maybe a bit more because I seem to believe Kroner was somewhat higher valued five-six years ago)

...We should totally start HAF Terminator Society. Aim: Cyborg Rights and World Domination. Yep. The Asmo could be the minister of extermination, is what He could.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Getting on very well with my hearing aids, a vast improvement!