News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Thank you all for the sympathetic responses.

Recusant

Lifelong in your case Icarus speaks of an exceptionally durable friendship. Such friends are a rare treasure. My condolence and sympathy for your deep loss.  :( 
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

The Magic Pudding.

It's 4 pm Sunday afternoon and I'm drinking beer and listening to the Beatles, I'll have to get around to that Kinsks song eventually. 'Till now I didn't drink beer before 7pm but I'm making a policy change. Early morning is the time for paddling, I don't like paying those skin cancer skinners, too late, I know it's not a real solution John.  Beer drinking into the late hours isn't conducive. I can look out the window at the greenery, still black euc trunks.   

Asmodean

The Asmo is getting most viciously snowed in again. Coincidentally, He has to drive all over the region for work in the next couple of days.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

What did his lumpy grayness to do anger the Murphyic gods so?

Tank

He has failed to destroy Luxembourg again. :(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

Quote from: Icarus on March 08, 2023, 02:35:52 AMThis afternoon, at exactly 6 Pm EST, my lifelong best friend, Jack Hoover,took his last breath. I was there in the room at the hospital where that took place. His demise was not unexpected as he had been ill of a an indeterminate malady for several months.

i am very sorry.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Decorating is a pain nowadays :(
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Anne D.

What are you decorating, Tank? Can you just "supervise" the decorating?

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on March 14, 2023, 01:44:59 PMDecorating is a pain nowadays :(

That depends on who your decorating assistant is!  :evilgrin:  But do tell more.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Anne D. on March 16, 2023, 02:57:38 AMWhat are you decorating, Tank? Can you just "supervise" the decorating?
Quote from: hermes2015 on March 16, 2023, 03:03:31 AM
Quote from: Tank on March 14, 2023, 01:44:59 PMDecorating is a pain nowadays :(

That depends on who your decorating assistant is!  :evilgrin:  But do tell more.

We moved into this house in 1986. I replaced the worktops and floor in the kitchen about 15 years ago. But now the whole kitchen from floor to ceiling is being replaced. All cupboards and fittings etc. New cooker but all the other white good are the same. It's is a right mess and going to get worse up to Sunday night and things should get better from then on. The kitchen units are being delivered Friday morning and the joiner starts on Monday so we'll be sittings among the kitchen in our front over the weekend.  ;D 

hermes2015

Good luck, Tank. It will be worth the inconvenience in the end.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Finished 95% of the painting. Old cooker collected by scrap man. Gas supply capped off. 75% of old kitchen units removed, broken down and taken to the tip. Remainder of units going today and then start on ripping up the old floor covering. Get some new electrical fittings ready for Friday.