News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on February 05, 2023, 03:57:21 PMIf there is one thing I have massive respect for when it comes to lorrying, it's the drivers' ability to back a semi through a corner, around a parked car and seamlessly up to a loading dock using nothing but mirrors. Mad skills. :smilenod:

:this:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

its just practice. i get out and look a lot too. cant see everything

set the function, not the mechanism.

Icarus

I too salute the big rig drivers who are so good a putting the trailer into difficult places.

jumbojak

Well, I'm pretty sure that The Ex wants to rekindle things. Since the breakup she texts me every day, multiple times a day. She has even been calling me. Next week I agreed to go to the local amusement park on Saturday. I'm not sure why I agreed, but now that I have I'll see where it goes. So confusing.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on February 18, 2023, 03:27:41 AMWell, I'm pretty sure that The Ex wants to rekindle things. Since the breakup she texts me every day, multiple times a day. She has even been calling me. Next week I agreed to go to the local amusement park on Saturday. I'm not sure why I agreed, but now that I have I'll see where it goes. So confusing.

Be very careful. In my experience, it is a bad idea. But then we live in different worlds!
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one

How can a baby hooman simultaneously look like both parents, while also looking like neither?

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on February 18, 2023, 04:17:08 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on February 18, 2023, 03:27:41 AMWell, I'm pretty sure that The Ex wants to rekindle things. Since the breakup she texts me every day, multiple times a day. She has even been calling me. Next week I agreed to go to the local amusement park on Saturday. I'm not sure why I agreed, but now that I have I'll see where it goes. So confusing.

Be very careful. In my experience, it is a bad idea. But then we live in different worlds!

Seconded.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

I know. I don't know why I agreed. At least why I agreed so soon.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on February 18, 2023, 12:32:03 PM

Lead by your little brain?

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on February 18, 2023, 12:36:13 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on February 18, 2023, 12:32:03 PM

Lead by your little brain?

No, not really. I want something else, and I doubt I'll get that from her. Could be fear. I've struck out three times since we officially ended things. Should probably work on getting over my fear of dying alone.

No one

Look on the bright side, everyone dies alone.

hermes2015

Quote from: No one on February 18, 2023, 01:56:27 PMLook on the bright side, everyone dies alone.

And only the young die young.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one

Guess i am living forever then.

hermes2015

Ah, but only the old die old.
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

this death business. i keep wondering, what are people afraid of?

i wouldnt be looking forward to an end of life of helpless degeneration. thats not fun.

but an end to existence? i dont get it. people are afraid of dying because they . . . wont exist to worry about it? because they are afraid that not being able to think means that they will think regretful things? what?

i think people are afraid of death because they dont believe that things will be over, and theyre worried they wont like it.

set the function, not the mechanism.