News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Quote from: Anne D. on January 28, 2023, 03:59:06 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on January 27, 2023, 09:31:06 PMWell, I'm single again. Probably just as well. I had outlived my usefulness for her. And her dog hated me.

I'm sorry, jumbojak, unless you're feeling relieved or elated, in which case, congratulations. Either way, change in and of itself is hard. Good luck to you.

It's a feeling of, "Meh..." At this point. So now I just need to lose thirty pounds or so and go back on the prowl.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Asmodean

:smilenod: That sounds like something taken verbatim out of The Gray Tome of All Things The Asmo. He'd award it a seal, but it ran away.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Not sure 'prowl' is the best choice of verb!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Ah... Screw <insert current year> - prowl it is. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on January 30, 2023, 09:16:43 AMNot sure 'prowl' is the best choice of verb!

Well, you have to find them. I'm not terribly picky. No more married women. They have to live on the same continent. And preferably, no yappy dogs.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

Quote from: jumbojak on January 30, 2023, 09:15:43 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 30, 2023, 09:16:43 AMNot sure 'prowl' is the best choice of verb!

Well, you have to find them. I'm not terribly picky. No more married women. They have to live on the same continent. And preferably, no yappy dogs.

Best ever advice to yourself; No more married women. Some of those jealous husbands are armed and dangerous.

As for the dogs....... Get yourself, or maybe borrow, a nice dog with good behavior. Dogs are almost like chick magnets for women who also have dogs.

jumbojak

Quote from: Icarus on January 30, 2023, 09:38:17 PM

Best ever advice to yourself; No more married women. Some of those jealous husbands are armed and dangerous.

As for the dogs....... Get yourself, or maybe borrow, a nice dog with good behavior. Dogs are almost like chick magnets for women who also have dogs.

I'm armed and mostly harmless, but haven't been on a date with someone not going through a divorce in ten years. It hasn't worked out so well.

I would like a dog. Can't have one right now though. I dearly love dogs who aren't yappy ankle biters.

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on January 30, 2023, 09:38:17 PM

African Grey parrots are magnets as well. Every time I go to my local supermarket with Lulu on my shoulder, I am guaranteed to be accosted by at least two women who start cooing over her. Some are very persistent and even follow me around and try to get friendly with me. I've even had blatant proposals. In my case, informing them that I bat for the other team has been a useful defence strategy.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Asmodean

The Asmo is navigating the hospital system for rule out appy and this and that and gets fingers shoved up His Divine Bottom :(

Slowly falling apart. Fun times.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

Ask if you can smell their fingers when they're done.

Asmodean

Oh, they've been done a while. Now, I'm partaking in that most time-honoured of hospital activities. Waiting.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

Do they need special tools to probe lumpy grey grumps?

Asmodean

Why... Yes. All sorts of needles and probes and that there *point* somethingorother.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

jumbojak

The waiting is the best part. Last time I was in I figured out how to make the EKG flatline, and return to normal at a whim. Nobody cared.

Asmodean

Well, if you finger the electrode just so...

Actually over here, someone will come if I pull the string. I try not to, though at this point, boredom is becoming a concern. They'll get to my appendix-less (yep. So much for "rule out.") self when the time and conditions say that they should.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.