News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

My other half just tested positive for Covid. Mild symptoms, nothing serious.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Yeah, it's going around. As fortune would have it, it's not nearly as dangerous for the vast majority of us as the media would have us believe - especially at the height of the pandemic hype.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

two members of my meeting died.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

Wife is feeling better today. :)
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

De Asbo is as sdotty as a fibe year obd. Oh, bisery! :(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

covid is a bitch

i went through a mild case and i can detect reduced lung capacity as a result.

gettin better maybe

Asmodean

The Asmo's snottiness is not covid-related, it appears.

Driving to work today, I went my usual route past a school, and there were like a couple of hundred kids on the sidewalk along the road with posters advocating safe driving. Many of their slogans were utter nonsense, as such things often are, of course. For instance, "reckless driving is out!" Really, Billy? Is it indeed? At the very moment when some fool cyclist down the road is, through no effort but his own, very near to being sandwiched to death between a bus and a delivery van? Cost me a good ten minute delay, that one.

...Ranting about people who should not exist on the same asphalt as I aside, I actually thought that thing was a good idea. They always do stuff like put up posters around schools this time of year about drivers being mindful of kids. Putting faces on it seems... More potent, as messages go. "Please don't run me over" with an actual me attached is... Personal. My business. A transaction within the social contract.

So yeah... Good for the school. I hope their message reaches at least some of all the "wrong" people.

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

Quote from: Tank on August 30, 2022, 10:37:38 AMWife is feeling better today. :)

Splendid news. May the trend continue.  :spock:  :thumb:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on September 01, 2022, 06:44:01 AM
Quote from: Tank on August 30, 2022, 10:37:38 AMWife is feeling better today. :)

Splendid news. May the trend continue.  :spock:  :thumb:

LOL. Now I don't feel 100%  :-\

Asmodean

The Asmo is being denied coffee by a particularly spiteful coffee machine. Now that's suffering. :sadnod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

If everybody at church today? It's bloody quiet around here!

jumbojak

I was thinking about going. Decided to make breakfast biscuits instead. Sorry Chris, scones...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

we re all lookibg at the insane news from britain. my wife follows somebody on twitter whose heating gas price went from 50 pounds a month to 1300 pounds?

whats with that?

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on September 18, 2022, 05:12:07 PMwe re all lookibg at the insane news from britain. my wife follows somebody on twitter whose heating gas price went from 50 pounds a month to 1300 pounds?

whats with that?

Wholesale gas prices went through the roof because Russia cut off supplies in revenge for European support of Ukraine/

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on September 18, 2022, 04:07:42 PMI was thinking about going. Decided to make breakfast biscuits instead. Sorry Chris, scones...

You're learning! :rofl: