News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on June 15, 2022, 01:04:48 AMwell, i have it on good authority that most people cannot prove that the earth is round, unassisted.

just sayin

But...but...we don't need much, just look at the planet's shadow during lunar eclipses, we can see the spherical shape of the Earth.
 :sherlock2:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

Quote from: Magdalena on June 15, 2022, 07:58:00 AMBut...but...we don't need much, just look at the planet's shadow during lunar eclipses, we can see the spherical shape of the Earth.
Turtles. :smilenod: Infinite turtles, in fact. Turtles, upon which the Flat Earth rests. They are sort-of rounded. That's what you see on the Moon.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

Quote from: Magdalena on June 15, 2022, 07:58:00 AMBut...but...we don't need much, just look at the planet's shadow during lunar eclipses, we can see the spherical shape of the Earth.

ha! a flat earth in the shape of a disk can also cast a round shadow!

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on June 15, 2022, 04:34:40 PM

ha! a flat earth in the shape of a disk can also cast a round shadow!

So does a round earth.
;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on June 15, 2022, 11:01:34 AM
Turtles. :smilenod: Infinite turtles, in fact. Turtles, upon which the Flat Earth rests. They are sort of rounded. That's what you see on the Moon.

I think the keyword here is, "sort-of rounded."
 :???:

billy rubin

ihave aphotograph of a pRtialunar eclipse. ill dig it out.

the shadaw is not reallyvery clearlyround

from tbe picture the earth could also be shaped like a large wedge of cheese cut from asmallish wheel.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

Thanks guys and girls. Your responses are assuring.

So alright I will be patient about exchanging commentary with my esteemed HAFers.

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on June 16, 2022, 03:02:30 AMThanks guys and girls. Your responses are assuring.

So alright I will be patient about exchanging commentary with my esteemed HAFers.
I'll sit here with you, Icarus. The summer. ;)

How about we watch the earth from space? Live.

Icarus

^ cool Mags!

My Iphone has an app that tracks, and names,satellites and identifies space junk like expended rocket bodies.  It does not give me the panoramic screen view that your vid does. 

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on June 17, 2022, 03:24:19 AM^ cool Mags!

My Iphone has an app that tracks, and names,satellites and identifies space junk like expended rocket bodies.  It does not give me the panoramic screen view that your vid does. 
It is cool.  8)
And relaxing.
And just imagine, "Turtles. :smilenod: Infinite turtles..."
beneath all that.

;D

Ecurb Noselrub

You are all wrong. The earth is banana-shaped, as Sir Bedevere clearly explained. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_i24MxyFng

billy rubin

here it is

im afraid something as nebulous as ^^^this would not convince me that theearth was a ball

a giant frisbee would cast the same shadow

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on June 19, 2022, 03:50:20 AMhere it is

im afraid something as nebulous as ^^^this would not convince me that theearth was a ball

a giant frisbee would cast the same shadow
Yes.
...So will god's googly eye, bless his holy cornea, looking at us...constantly...from above.

billy rubin

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on June 20, 2022, 01:04:46 AMlol

hail polyphemus

;D
You're funny.

What men say, when they look up to the sky:
"im afraid something as nebulous as ^^^this would not convince me that theearth was a ball

a giant frisbee would cast the same shadow"

What bacteria says to its neighbor, when they're both under a microscope:
"god's googly eye, bless his holy cornea, looking at us...constantly...from above."

;D