News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

In both cases the error regarding gender was understandable. The online atheist thing has been predominantly populated by males, and the wall of text rant is most often produced by males. Statistically, both of the presumptions were reasonable.

Here's a thing--this board, the Laid Back Lounge, is described specifically as "Having a relaxed or casual atmosphere or character; easygoing." There are plenty of other boards at HAF where serious topics are welcome. Occasional lapses into angst and aggravation will happen, but please try to post such things to the appropriate board, not the Laid Back Lounge. Note: Further attempts to harsh the mellow (political rants, blather about who killed whom, etc.) will be moved to a more suitable board at the discretion of staff.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Recusant on February 09, 2022, 01:50:56 AM
In both cases the error regarding gender was understandable. The online atheist thing has been predominantly populated by males, and the wall of text rant is most often produced by males. Statistically, both of the presumptions were reasonable.

Here's a thing--this board, the Laid Back Lounge, is described specifically as "Having a relaxed or casual atmosphere or character; easygoing." There are plenty of other boards at HAF where serious topics are welcome. Occasional lapses into angst and aggravation will happen, but please try to post such things to the appropriate board, not the Laid Back Lounge. Note: Further attempts to harsh the mellow (political rants, blather about who killed whom, etc.) will be moved to a more suitable board at the discretion of staff.
:snicker1:

NoHandlebarsAttached

I live, not sure what for though.

Icarus

Let's not be too hard on Fightsong. She does have some worthy arguments.  So alright, do not put political stuff in the fun part of the threads.

I do not agree with all that she writes but I wish her well in any case.

Magdalena

...Note: Further attempts to harsh the mellow (political rants, blather about who killed whom, etc.) will be moved to a more suitable board at the discretion of staff.

"Don't Harsh the Mellow."
;D I like that.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

:hug:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: NoHandlebarsAttached on February 09, 2022, 05:10:33 AM
I live, not sure what for though.

You and 90% of the rest of us. Welcome to humanity  :frolic:
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on February 09, 2022, 05:56:10 AM
Let's not be too hard on Fightsong. She does have some worthy arguments.  So alright, do not put political stuff in the fun part of the threads.

I do not agree with all that she writes but I wish her well in any case.

Hear hear. It can take a while to shake off and bed down here.

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on February 09, 2022, 06:07:13 AM

...Note: Further attempts to harsh the mellow (political rants, blather about who killed whom, etc.) will be moved to a more suitable board at the discretion of staff.

;D I like that.

I'm getting to that beard, now all I need is the T-shirt!

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Magdalena on February 09, 2022, 12:07:22 AM
Quote from: Tank on February 07, 2022, 09:09:50 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 07, 2022, 07:16:47 PM
Quote from: TheFightSong on February 07, 2022, 05:15:40 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 07, 2022, 08:47:30 AM
Quote from: Icarus on February 07, 2022, 06:30:35 AM
According to his screed above, Fightsong is claiming that the FBI assassinated MLK?  That is a revelation. All along I was under the impression that the shooter was just a dumb cracker who hated black preachers.

I can't be bothered to read his rants.
You are smart to some extent. But you misogynistically jumped to the conclusion that I am a male. I am a female. Good riddance.

But, TheFightSong, you also made the same mistake, you jumped to the conclusion that the Happy  Atheist Forum's founder is a male.
:notsure:
Quote from: TheFightSong on February 02, 2022, 10:36:33 PM
...Would be nice to know if Happy Atheist Forum's founder has a registered account on here. That way I could meet him. But I bet he is busy with his life.

It's OK. It happens.

I noticed that misogynistic presumption but let it slide at the time.

No:
"Thank you, that was nice of you."
?????

Misogynist is an important word, using it inappropriately devalues it.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on February 09, 2022, 07:33:28 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 09, 2022, 06:07:13 AM

;D I like that.

I'm getting to that beard, now all I need is the T-shirt!
:grin:
I hope you get one and post a picture.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

TheFightSong

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 08, 2022, 10:10:58 AM
It's a shame about China, and Russia too, they are interesting places and people, I blame their EVIL leaders more than our evil leaders for the way the relationship is going though.
I would say ultra-wealthy kleptocrats are who to blame. There are countries legally claimed to have independence. But it is all a façade when they have puppet politicians controlled by ultra-wealthy men who control all countries through their military industrial-complex, abusive international trade policies forcing kleptocratic sweatshops to exist, trafficking, Orwellian online surveillance to allow ultra-wealthy men to spy other countries for bullying, etc. If you try to ban sweatshops, oil companies that cause fatal earthquakes and hurricanes, the businesses that abuse animals while causing lots of methane pollution in the air, alcoholic beverages that automatically corrupt people's brains once they are consumed while being known for liver cancer, smoking products that are known for causing people's throats to be handicapped when they try to sing with a wide vocal range while being known for lung cancer and contributing to asthma development, corn that is an inedible poison to people's bodies (it's not edible because it damages the human's digestive system by clogging it up, which makes it feel bloated), etc, the ultra-wealthy men would be dangerous. Because they want to intentionally corrupt people's health, genes, I.Q. levels, education systems, employment benefits, political systems, wealth distribution, and other things internationally for their self-interests. It is why there has been a decreasing amount of geniuses, very strong people, healthy children, and wealthy citizens. Europe has stripped most Europeans from wealth and economic freedom via decreasing purchasing power through high taxes. So, most Europeans are poor with a mediocratic welfare economy from "free" education and "free" healthcare that give them the illusion of wealth despite them having low purchasing power for economic freedom due to high taxes. So, they don't really have a lot of power due to poverty disguised as wealth through a mediocratic welfare economy from "free" education, "free" healthcare, high taxes, etc. The U.S. has lower taxes, but it also gives working class Americans an illusion of choices. Working class Americans are having an increasingly harder time affording healthcare, education, clean water, healthy food, homes, electricity, propane, air conditioning, etc. because of increasing wealth inequality including rising cost of living. Its leaders are doing nothing to improve their decaying standard of living and decaying quality of life. So, even working class Americans do not have a lot of power due to increasing poverty disguised as illusion of choices. Asian countries are the same way. African and middle eastern countries are the weakest economically, intellectually, and politically compared to the U.S, U.K. nations, China, Japan, etc. So, it's really the ultra-wealthy men controlling all countries oligarchically with their military-industrial complex, unfair wealth distribution, sweatshops, trafficking, Orwellian online surveillance after 9/11, propagandized media companies to distract the masses, oil companies, the meat and dairy industry, etc. It's an Orwellian New World Order. In the past, normal people had more online privacy protection from surveillance before 9/11, purchasing power, free speech, free press, pro-freethought schools, intellectual freedom, common sense, skills, stable families, healthy relationships, happiness, healthiness, and charisma. That was when humanity was at its prime before 9/11. But now the wealthiest elites have increasingly corrupted people internationally. Increasing anti-intellectualism in America, China, Australia, and other places with Orwellian online surveillance subordinate lower class citizens via dehumanizing censorship. Anti-white man nonsense has become part of mainstream media now. A misandristic version of feminism is part of mainstream media now. Biased political agendas are disguised as comedy in mainstream media now. Evil marketers and advertisers have successfully manipulated the females psychologically for profit by making those girls feel insecure to make them buy beauty products that cause global warming through manipulative mainstrean media now. I would say humanity has gotten worse intellectually, physically, morally, and ethically because of corrupt elites. I find everything was going downhill after 9/11 and corrupt leaders were stripping people from internet privacy via Orwellian online surveillance. It was the rise of an Orwellian New World Order internationally. Despite that happening, I didn't have a problem with an increasing amount of countries legalizing L.G.B.T.Q. rights to get rid of systemic homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, queerphobia, and nonbinaryphobia. Especially since I am a bisexual female who supports L.G.B.T.Q. rights. I believe in biological sexes. I find transgenderism to not be based on hard science that can be used for accurate data to know personality differences between biological females and biological males. But I would vote for transgender rights anyway. Otherwise, I have not been impressed by all countries lately. Advanced technology development in all countries has been increasingly stagnating because of unfair wealth distribution and rising anti-intellectualism internationally benefitting oligarchical elites only.

TheFightSong

More like fallaciously jumping to conclusions while showing a misogynistic view of females. So, it is more short-sightedly stupid than reasonable.

This is my last time of harshening the mellow, I swear.

Magdalena

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 09, 2022, 12:14:56 PM
Misogynist is an important word, using it inappropriately devalues it.
True.
Also: Misandry and racist. Oh, and hate:notsure:

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: TheFightSong on February 09, 2022, 04:29:13 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 08, 2022, 10:10:58 AM
It's a shame about China, and Russia too, they are interesting places and people, I blame their EVIL leaders more than our evil leaders for the way the relationship is going though.

I haven't seen a TL;DR out in the wild for a very long time, so thanks for that ;D

There's a lot there to read and comprehend, but the following stood out to me.

QuoteAnti-white man nonsense has become part of mainstream media now.

I would say if you find yourself in disagreement with an idea, a platform or a policy related to race, just say so. If the issue is flawed, then it should be easy enough to pick it apart on the merits, right?

We are all entitled to our opinions after-all, and offering a different perspective, asking questions, analyzing pros and cons all show a basic level of respect for all parties involved, but labeling something as "Anti-white man nonsense" in this day and age to me seems as a means of arrogantly dismissing a much needed awareness that needs to take place in this country when dealing with ongoing race issues. It sort of feels like a convenient cop out to me, and sounds off the racist alarms in my head when I read something like that.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."