News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

That is so commendable. But don't let all the beer destroy your new svelte physique.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

ive never heard of that stuff.

you must report back

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on October 24, 2021, 04:14:30 AM
ive never heard of that stuff.

you must report back

Nice and smooth with a good flavour.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 24, 2021, 03:54:52 AM
That is so commendable. But don't let all the beer destroy your new svelte physique.

Well I haven't stopped drinking so this is just a different beer :)
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tank on October 23, 2021, 08:28:52 PM
Out litter picking again with 3 other Wombles. 11 bags of rubbish plus some tyres, large plastic containers and a pallet. St Crispacket, the patron saint of litter pickers blessed me with 4 bottles of beer :)

Nice work Tank, you folks picked up quite a bit of trash,...butt who the hell is dropping/loosing beers?

Seems so irresponsible, I mean they must not be serious drinkers at all.  :o

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on October 26, 2021, 02:07:10 PM
Quote from: Tank on October 23, 2021, 08:28:52 PM
Out litter picking again with 3 other Wombles. 11 bags of rubbish plus some tyres, large plastic containers and a pallet. St Crispacket, the patron saint of litter pickers blessed me with 4 bottles of beer :)

Nice work Tank, you folks picked up quite a bit of trash,...butt who the hell is dropping/loosing beers?

Seems so irresponsible, I mean they must not be serious drinkers at all.  :o

I don't really get it either. Who spends their hard earned cash and throws away the booze?

Biggus Dickus

Today was Halloween here in the US, so tonight I dressed up as a Republican, stole all of the kids candy, and when they cried, I told them to get a job.

Tank

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on November 01, 2021, 02:41:09 AM
Today was Halloween here in the US, so tonight I dressed up as a Republican, stole all of the kids candy, and when they cried, I told them to get a job.

You evil SOB!

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tank on November 01, 2021, 10:29:16 AM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on November 01, 2021, 02:41:09 AM

You evil SOB!

Hey, I was dressed up as a complete Republican, so that meant I was also pretending to be a good Christian, as Republicans pretend to do...so I also assisting in a small way to get the children to recognize the demonic elements of Halloween...remember Halloween has been hijacked by the devil :lynch:

Magdalena

I took my kid trick-or-treating last night. Not many people outside collecting candy or giving it. :sadcheer:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

The crowd was small in my neighborhood, as well.  I gave out about half as much candy as I did last year.

Biggus Dickus

I had only 4 kids show up at our door, and they were siblings...so that was it. One knock on the door the whole night!

These kids were lucky though, as it was getting late so I told them to just take as much as they wanted. The older kids were polite, and did grab a few more, but the youngest boy started grabbing handfuls...it was funny as his older brother sort of scolded him, and the little kid pointed at me and said, "The old guy said to take as much as we wanted"!
;D

Tank

Icarus

about 20 kids showed up at my door last night.  All were most polite and not greedy. I was pleased with their civilized behavior. 

The church across the street, the one that I do not care for, was having a Trick or Trunk event.... Hundreds of kids, Carnival rides, and all that sort of stuff.  Fortunately my porch light is not easily visible from the event across the street.  I had visions of having a gazillion church kids at my door, but it did not happen. (The preacher probably warned them against the murderously evil old zombie. )  Had they shown up, I would have given them whatever candy or other goodies that I had available until it was gone.   

Tom62

No kids arrived at our door this year. As far as I can remember the last time kids showed up for Halloween was 19 years ago.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein