News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Quote from: jumbojak on April 05, 2021, 03:24:49 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 04, 2021, 08:12:55 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on April 04, 2021, 02:35:14 PM
Hammock camping. I'm thinking about getting into it.

How does that work?

You sleep in a hammock instead of a tent.  :D

On one of my early adventures, I arrived the day before a meeting to join a tree-planting crew. I'd decided that I'd sling a hammock up in the trees and spend the night in my sleeping bag. I used an inexpensive net hammock. It was OK, but in the middle of the night one of the cross-bars I'd improvised on the spot broke, thwacking me on the top of the head. I saw stars for a while, and didn't get much sleep after that.  :lol:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

No one

Is that the barbarian origin story?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on April 06, 2021, 09:22:51 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on April 05, 2021, 03:24:49 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 04, 2021, 08:12:55 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on April 04, 2021, 02:35:14 PM
Hammock camping. I'm thinking about getting into it.

How does that work?

You sleep in a hammock instead of a tent.  :D

On one of my early adventures, I arrived the day before a meeting to join a tree-planting crew. I'd decided that I'd sling a hammock up in the trees and spend the night in my sleeping bag. I used an inexpensive net hammock. It was OK, but in the middle of the night one of the cross-bars I'd improvised on the spot broke, thwacking me on the top of the head. I saw stars for a while, and didn't get much sleep after that.  :lol:

:o

I'm not really into "hammocking"...there was this one time when I was a kid I fell asleep in one on the beach and woke up badly sunburnt. After that it just didn't seem fun anymore.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on April 06, 2021, 10:30:18 AM

Hehe! The Infidel Barbarian. Coming soon to a theatre near you.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on April 06, 2021, 06:59:00 AM

Ecurb Noselrub...Is Celebrating!

Where did you get that video of me?

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 06, 2021, 01:52:43 PM

From the future, this is yours, our future
The old are shrunken so they consume less
Your repulsive ugly aged head is processed
It is a totally pain free todlerising process
I'm not sure how I know this but I know it
You still arrive in a room and don't know why
Rush to another room, arrive not knowing why
This is the future, I don't know how but I know
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 06, 2021, 02:36:53 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 06, 2021, 01:52:43 PM

From the future, this is yours, our future
The old are shrunken so they consume less
Your repulsive ugly aged head is processed
It is a totally pain free todlerising process
I'm not sure how I know this but I know it
You still arrive in a room and don't know why
Rush to another room, arrive not knowing why
This is the future, I don't know how but I know

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Gosh, I'll be cute old toddler instead of an ugly old man.  People will be happy to take care of me.

Recusant

Quote from: No one on April 06, 2021, 10:30:18 AM

I was only a proto-barbarian in those days. Not fully conscious of the implications of my choices. I had an intellectual understanding of the situation, but any deeper appreciation was lacking. Genuine commitment to barbarism came a couple of years later, after I'd moved to the city.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

I had suspected Iago was eating his poop and now my suspicions have been confirmed.  :eeew:

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 08, 2021, 03:19:50 PM
I had suspected Iago was eating his poop and now my suspicions have been confirmed.  :eeew:

It saves you clearing it up but it will be a hell of a mess when he explodes!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Our beagle/dachshund mix absolutely adores cat shit, even though she vomits and has diarrhea as a result. We have to be sure to clean it up before letting her out in the morning. My son wants to string an electric fence wire around the property to keep the cats out. I sure am glad we have no carpet in this house. :smilenod:

billy rubin

im not sure i want to participate here

set the function, not the mechanism.

Icarus

Going back several posts I will respond to Bruce's boast about his Baylor Bears. 

Not only did the Bears win the National championship, they did so with a dominant performance.   The other team was regarded and tested as a potent national power.  The Bears dispatched the Zags with a convincing score.

Way to go Baylor!

Cofession: I was rooting for Gonzaga.

billy rubin

new mexico. many, many years ago in the high desert on my 650, gray skies brooding over the lava and junipers as the evening gathered strength.

alone in the middle of 50 miles of two-lane blacktop. lying flat on the tank at 90 miles per hour, the sound of the engine packed solid, mile after mile along an arrow-straight highway.

cutting between the tarantulas on the pavement emerging for the night, a thousand miles of road behind me, an unexplored road ahead of me leading between the basalt-topped mesas, never getting closer as the miles ticked by and the desert came alive

set the function, not the mechanism.