News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Bills - Medical bills to be precise. I've got a stack of them that I have opened and another stack that I'm scared to open. I don't know how I'm going to pay for all this. My savings is about gone.

It wouldn't be so bad if this was the end of it, I could make payment arrangements. But they are going to keep piling up with each chemotherapy treatment and each visit to radiology and whatever else is necessary.

Bankruptcy was mentioned to me but it won't stop the bills from coming and I don't like the idea of doing that anyway.

I've about run out of options if I haven't already.  :rant:
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Magdalena

Quote from: Dark Lightning on September 12, 2020, 11:50:43 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 12, 2020, 11:03:17 PM
Quote from: Tank on September 12, 2020, 09:07:17 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 12, 2020, 07:49:35 PM
The smoke from the California fires has been giving me allergies and it's making my nose bleed. It's really bad. All my windows are closed but we can still smell the smoke. So, COVID, fires, Trump, what's next, an earthquake?
:felix:

Probably. 2020 sucks!

OR...or...rain and floods.

:fingertap:

Why not both!?

Sure, why not?
Let's add a tsunami and a hurricane, I mean, Pacific hurricane season runs from May 15th to November 30th.
:reading:

I think I'm feeling a little bit negative.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 12, 2020, 11:16:57 PM
At least you don't have to put up with a Trump boat parade on the lake near your house. Obnoxious bunch of creatures.  Unfortunately, no boats sank this time.

I feel sorry for you.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Randy on September 13, 2020, 01:16:57 AM
Bills - Medical bills to be precise. I've got a stack of them that I have opened and another stack that I'm scared to open. I don't know how I'm going to pay for all this. My savings is about gone.

It wouldn't be so bad if this was the end of it, I could make payment arrangements. But they are going to keep piling up with each chemotherapy treatment and each visit to radiology and whatever else is necessary.

Bankruptcy was mentioned to me but it won't stop the bills from coming and I don't like the idea of doing that anyway.

That sounds stressful.
--As if you need that. ::)
Can your nurse refer you to other resources?

Randy

Quote from: Magdalena on September 13, 2020, 04:15:29 AM

That sounds stressful.
Well, a social worker thinks she can get my application approved for financial aid. I've tried three times and failed three times. Somehow I make too much money even though my account is dwindling. Anyway, if approved they will cover some of the chemo sessions. It won't cover everything else though.

I have three nurses, one from Home Care (I think that's the name) and two from Crossroads. Neither I've seen in over a month now. I hope they aren't charging me for not visiting. I think they are billing through the hospital also.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Magdalena

Quote from: Randy on September 13, 2020, 02:10:05 PM

That sounds stressful.
Well, a social worker thinks she can get my application approved for financial aid. I've tried three times and failed three times. Somehow I make too much money even though my account is dwindling. Anyway, if approved they will cover some of the chemo sessions. It won't cover everything else though.

I have three nurses, one from Home Care (I think that's the name) and two from Crossroads. Neither I've seen in over a month now. I hope they aren't charging me for not visiting. I think they are billing through the hospital also.
I don't mean to be nosy, but...Can your family help you with something?

Randy

Quote from: Magdalena on September 13, 2020, 10:49:08 PM
Quote from: Randy on September 13, 2020, 02:10:05 PM

That sounds stressful.

I don't mean to be nosy, but...Can your family help you with something?
It's quite alright. My parents are dead as are my older relatives. The only one I have left to turn to is my daughter and she has money problems of her own.

Ecurb Noselrub

Randy, have you tried Social Security Disability? It may not work for cancer, but worth asking.  You might start a Go Fund Me page.  In any event, I'll be happy to send a donation, or just send you a check directly for something.  May not be much, but I'll do what I can.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on September 13, 2020, 02:51:32 AM
At least you don't have to put up with a Trump boat parade on the lake near your house. Obnoxious bunch of creatures.  Unfortunately, no boats sank this time.

I feel sorry for you.

Thanks.  I have a Biden sign in my yard, but there is an interesting phenom a few blocks away. One house has a Trump "shrine" (flags, signs, etc.), and then across the street there is a "veteran for Biden" that has outdone him - he's got everything from the American flag, to a big Biden poster across the front of his house, and multiple signs talking about everything from BLM to every other cause. I respect this household because he lives, like I live, in Trumpland. It's good to see people fighting back. 

I foresee great turmoil around the election.  Violence and intimidation would not surprise me.  I'm going to have to think very carefully about how to react. Our post office has closed down the drive-by mail drops, forcing older and disabled folks to get out of their cars and walk into the post office to mail letters. We have had those mail drops forever, and now, suddenly, just before the election, the USPS decides it must shutter them. Such bullshit, and then to have to endure all of Trump's Brown Shirts honking and acting obnoxiously - it's enough to make a guy want to get mean.  But I have to think about it carefully - as Dylan said, "a hard rain's gonna fall."

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 14, 2020, 02:59:07 AM

I feel sorry for you.

Thanks.  I have a Biden sign in my yard, but there is an interesting phenom a few blocks away. One house has a Trump "shrine" (flags, signs, etc.), and then across the street there is a "veteran for Biden" that has outdone him - he's got everything from the American flag, to a big Biden poster across the front of his house, and multiple signs talking about everything from BLM to every other cause. I respect this household because he lives, like I live, in Trumpland. It's good to see people fighting back. 

I foresee great turmoil around the election.  Violence and intimidation would not surprise me.  I'm going to have to think very carefully about how to react. Our post office has closed down the drive-by mail drops, forcing older and disabled folks to get out of their cars and walk into the post office to mail letters. We have had those mail drops forever, and now, suddenly, just before the election, the USPS decides it must shutter them. Such bullshit, and then to have to endure all of Trump's Brown Shirts honking and acting obnoxiously - it's enough to make a guy want to get mean.  But I have to think about it carefully - as Dylan said, "a hard rain's gonna fall."

You should hang a Trump piñata in front of your house.
:grin:

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 14, 2020, 01:34:28 AM

Randy, have you tried Social Security Disability? It may not work for cancer, but worth asking.  You might start a Go Fund Me page.  In any event, I'll be happy to send a donation, or just send you a check directly for something.  May not be much, but I'll do what I can.
Awwwww, Ecurb Noselrub, that's very sweet of you.  :tellmemore:

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Magdalena on September 14, 2020, 08:15:31 AM

I feel sorry for you.

How is that distinguishable from a regular jackass? There you go Bruce, you could put up a donkey piñata and pretend it is the chump hanging in effigy. The Magats likely won't make the connection!  ;D

Randy

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 14, 2020, 01:34:28 AM

I'm on Social Security Disability and I have a form for financial aid with the hospital this morning. I'm going to see what they can do first. The social worker thinks she can push it through although I've tried three times already. She wants me to fill the form out differently to get them to recognize that I don't make enough for living expenses and all the medical bills.

I thank you, Bruce. It is truly appreciated.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Dark Lightning on September 14, 2020, 02:54:54 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 14, 2020, 08:15:31 AM

I feel sorry for you.

How is that distinguishable from a regular jackass? There you go Bruce, you could put up a donkey piñata and pretend it is the chump hanging in effigy. The Magats likely won't make the connection!  ;D

I like the piñata idea. Thanks!

xSilverPhinx

:(  Damn that sucks, Randy.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey