News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Jimi Hendrix:
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Randy

The chaos. We have the COVID-19, George Floyd, Donald Trump, et al. Surely there must be some good news out there. This is just depressing to know we are in this situation.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

i just got an email from the organizer of the loring land speed races.

july is on if enough peoppe cough up the registration feez

great newz!

but i have to break into 136 mph to get back the record for the fastrst triumph 650 in the world.

135 isnt good enough anymore

set the function, not the mechanism.

xSilverPhinx

I feel like watching V for Vendetta again.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on June 07, 2020, 10:48:42 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 07, 2020, 10:41:20 PM
That's a good one.

I just feel like it's perfect for the times, you know? :-\
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 07, 2020, 11:14:18 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on June 07, 2020, 10:48:42 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 07, 2020, 10:41:20 PM
That's a good one.

I just feel like it's perfect for the times, you know? :-\
I've watched it once, maybe a couple of years ago. I'm not sure. These days I try to watch something to escape the world even for a little while. I'll probably finish watching Upload and tomorrow find a movie.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

No one

Randy:
Surely there must be some good news out there.

Humanity will never let you down.

No matter how low they sink, even to the point where it would be absurd to think they could sink lower. Someone always steps up.

There's always that.

Randy

No One You are right of course. The news is generally full of bad news. But my friends haven't changed nor has my family. If humanity were all bad I doubt we would have made it this far.

No one

Persons are tolerable. People suck!

Randy

Reminds me of a quote although I forget where I heard it. "Persons are intelligent. People are stupid."

Tank

Fuck everybody fuck everything I fucking don't know why I fucking bother sometimes.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on June 08, 2020, 09:18:24 PM
Fuck everybody fuck everything I fucking don't know why I fucking bother sometimes.
:oooh-me!:
I know why.
Because you have a beautiful, kind heart and the world needs people like you otherwise the world would be even more fucked up. That's why you bother sometimes.