News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin



more people have been to berlin than i have

billy rubin

there is some suspicion that the white people involved in causing intial riot damage were police officers



this is unconfirmed, but in my mind, quite possible in my country


more people have been to berlin than i have

Ecurb Noselrub

No violence so far in my area.  There are fires in Austin, however, about an hour south.  We have the worst possible leader for these times - except maybe Brazil.  Trump has the unique capacity to make any situation worse.

billy rubin



more people have been to berlin than i have

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on June 01, 2020, 02:08:17 PM
its his secret superpower.

I thought it was the ability to look like a Cheeto. So he has another superpower. Diabolical!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 01, 2020, 01:41:35 PM
No violence so far in my area.  There are fires in Austin, however, about an hour south.  We have the worst possible leader for these times - except maybe Brazil.  Trump has the unique capacity to make any situation worse.

Trump, Bolsonaro...both shit from the same dog walker's worm-infested poop bag.

One huge difference between the two though is Bolsonaro is clearly flirting with the idea of installing a military dictatorship in Brazil with himself at the helm. I think such a regime is becoming more and more likely, but don't think the military will accept Bolsonaro as dictator. He's unhinged and a loose cannon. The vice-president is a general, much smarter than Bolsonaro and therefore dangerous in a different way. He shares many of the same icky views and ideologies. 

Brazil has become a real horror show this year, and we haven't even reached the climax yet.

I'm just hoping Brazilian institutions are strong enough to repel this malignant tumor of a "president" and maintain a democratic regime. The Congress and Surpeme Court are both under threat. It remains to be seen.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey


Magdalena

I've been down lately. :sad sigh:

It just feels as if the world is just so heavy. It just feels as if it's crushing me and there's nothing I can do.

Well, I guess it could be worse... :sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

Quote from: Magdalena on June 05, 2020, 04:31:01 AM
I've been down lately. :sad sigh:

It just feels as if the world is just so heavy. It just feels as if it's crushing me and there's nothing I can do.

Well, I guess it could be worse... :sad sigh:


I could be down a lot but I usually find things that are light and cheery. I avoid stressful things as much as possible and drink things I like.

The world is heavy. Drop it with a loud "thud". I know, it's easier said than done. Hang in there. You can also talk to me if you'd like. I'm a good listener. :)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Magdalena

Quote from: Randy on June 05, 2020, 04:50:36 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on June 05, 2020, 04:31:01 AM
I've been down lately. :sad sigh:

It just feels as if the world is just so heavy. It just feels as if it's crushing me and there's nothing I can do.

Well, I guess it could be worse... :sad sigh:


I could be down a lot but I usually find things that are light and cheery. I avoid stressful things as much as possible and drink things I like.

The world is heavy. Drop it with a loud "thud". I know, it's easier said than done. Hang in there. You can also talk to me if you'd like. I'm a good listener. :)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

Quote from: Magdalena on June 05, 2020, 08:10:59 AM
Quote from: Randy on June 05, 2020, 04:50:36 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on June 05, 2020, 04:31:01 AM
I've been down lately. :sad sigh:

It just feels as if the world is just so heavy. It just feels as if it's crushing me and there's nothing I can do.

Well, I guess it could be worse... :sad sigh:


I could be down a lot but I usually find things that are light and cheery. I avoid stressful things as much as possible and drink things I like.

The world is heavy. Drop it with a loud "thud". I know, it's easier said than done. Hang in there. You can also talk to me if you'd like. I'm a good listener. :)


QuoteYou can also talk to me if you'd like. I'm a good listener.
I mean it. I'm usually online, well unless I'm sleeping or watching a video. You also have my e-mail address. Speaking of sleep I may try again. I had the hiccups for a couple of hours.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Mags.  :(

The world does seem to be a shitty place right now. Wherever you look there's intolerance, sickness, stupidity and violence, and they seem to be escalating.

It's in moments like these when I remember a quote from the first Lord of the Rings movie, when Frodo and Gandalf are in the dark depths of Moria and the hobbit tells the wizard he wished he didn't live to see all that was happening.

"So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide, all you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you," Gandalf replied.

The world's a better place with you bringing smiles to people's faces. You have the power to make it less shitty, so I hope it's what you choose to do with the time that's given to you.  :)

:hug:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey


No one

The world is fine, humans are the problem.

And look at the bright side Mrs. 247, at least you are not me.

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 05, 2020, 06:48:01 PM
Mags.  :(

The world does seem to be a shitty place right now. Wherever you look there's intolerance, sickness, stupidity and violence, and they seem to be escalating.

It's in moments like these when I remember a quote from the first Lord of the Rings movie, when Frodo and Gandalf are in the dark depths of Moria and the hobbit tells the wizard he wished he didn't live to see all that was happening.

"So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide, all you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you," Gandalf replied.

The world's a better place with you bringing smiles to people's faces. You have the power to make it less shitty, so I hope it's what you choose to do with the time that's given to you.  :)

:hug:

Thanks, xSilverPhinx:hug:
You are right, "The world's a better place with you bringing smiles to people's faces. You have the power to make it less shitty..."

~That is a lot of power.  :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Randy on June 05, 2020, 11:58:12 AM
I mean it. I'm usually online, well unless I'm sleeping or watching a video. You also have my e-mail address. Speaking of sleep I may try again. I had the hiccups for a couple of hours.
Thank you, Randy.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey