News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Insurance companies are returning premiums because there are fewer people driving.  Air is clearing up over polluted cities because there are fewer cars or factories churning out pollutants. Maybe Covid-19 is nature's way of getting a breath of fresh air.  Maybe we are the virus. Nature would do better without us.  Maybe it is culling us out.

billy rubin

ive got to dig out the plastic tinhorn under the lne to my warehouse today

the neighbor who bladed the lane left it too steep and the stone all washed down into the bar ditch

once it was the shallow enpough the frost heaved the pipe up into the way.

ill have to pull it out then dig down deeper and see if i can locate somepowdered stone to seal it before i bury it ion crushed rock agaion

wouldn't have this problem if the tinhorn was an old metal one. but these new plastic culverts are double-walled, and so they float

set the function, not the mechanism.

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on April 07, 2020, 08:44:18 AM
Quote from: Davin on April 06, 2020, 07:12:01 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 01, 2020, 07:11:16 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 31, 2020, 11:27:55 PM
If that guy were standing next to me I would get really angry and tell him to back off.
:secrets1: I think he is a war veteran, I didn't want to get him angry.

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 31, 2020, 11:27:55 PM
If he wants to die that's fine, but it's really irresponsible of him to stand close to others who are doing what they need to do (such as buying supplies) while trying not to get infected by idiots who may be contaminated and are standing too close.  :rant1:
It is very irresponsible behavior, I agree with you. Maybe he feels invincible. "If bullets didn't kill him, nothing will"--attitude.
Late reply but still.

It's not only about him risking himself, he's doing things that risk others. It's one thing for him to risk his own life and health, but he's being an asshole by deciding to risk other people's health and life.
True.

By moving far away from him I could be saving his life but I don't think he gets that.

There is still no toilet paper at the nearest supermarket so I went somewhere else. At the other store, in another city, people were still not doing much to stop the spread. I saw two families, four people, getting cilantro at the same time. Couldn't they wait? Really!!

I saw 80-year-old women with their families buying food. Shouldn't they be home? People paying are still standing very close to each other.

I don't get it. When will they change their behavior? What are they waiting for?  :spooked:
It shouldn't be that big of a deal to be careful for a little while. These aren't difficult things to do and it doesn't harm anyone to do them.

Sometimes people don't change their behavior until it's too late.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 07, 2020, 12:50:47 PM
Insurance companies are returning premiums because there are fewer people driving.  Air is clearing up over polluted cities because there are fewer cars or factories churning out pollutants. Maybe Covid-19 is nature's way of getting a breath of fresh air.  Maybe we are the virus. Nature would do better without us.  Maybe it is culling us out.

I agree, and so I think the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming. Stop reproducing. Walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight. Brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Sandra Craft

I could agree with that.  Basically we're just a bunch of jackasses constantly screwing things up.  There are a few individual exceptions here and there, but we humans are pretty much jackass central.  And I apologize to the actual jackasses for using their name like that.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on April 08, 2020, 05:16:17 AM

I could agree with that.  Basically we're just a bunch of jackasses constantly screwing things up.  There are a few individual exceptions here and there, but we humans are pretty much jackass central.  And I apologize to the actual jackasses for using their name like that.

Heh, I think we're just a bunch of primates with outdated 'software' that were too successful for our own good. :shrug:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Icarus

Boil all that down and the grim reality is that we have overpopulated this earth. 

The catholic church can take some of the blame, not all of it but part of it.  I lived in Connecticuut a long time ago.  Any form of birth control, like condoms were not legal to sell.  Had to drive to Rhode Island to get items of that kind.  The Connecticut Yankees finally came to their senses and rescinded that religion based law. 

I am a bitter long time Floridian.  Florida was once a place with magnificent flora and fauna, clear skies, and  lakes with crystal clear water that contained edible fish.  It was as if we lived in Camelot...........but we did not know it at the time.  We had a state population of about one million and it is geographically a really big state. We were spread out and pleased with that reality.  Now we have 22 times that many people.  No wonder there is traffic congestion, air pollution, and a diminishing supply of potable water.  Our lakes are trashed. There is mercury and other contaminates that make the fresh water fish a questionable food choice.

Yeah, I know.  Old mans nostalgia and bitch, bitch, bitch.   :rant1:

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 08, 2020, 12:50:27 PM

Heh, I think we're just a bunch of primates with outdated 'software' that were too successful for our own good. :shrug:

Yeah, but I'm in a bad mood and "primate" didn't sound bad enough (and again, I apologize to actual jackasses).
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Icarus on April 09, 2020, 05:34:10 AM
Boil all that down and the grim reality is that we have overpopulated this earth. 

The catholic church can take some of the blame, not all of it but part of it.  I lived in Connecticuut a long time ago.  Any form of birth control, like condoms were not legal to sell.  Had to drive to Rhode Island to get items of that kind.  The Connecticut Yankees finally came to their senses and rescinded that religion based law. 

I am a bitter long time Floridian.  Florida was once a place with magnificent flora and fauna, clear skies, and  lakes with crystal clear water that contained edible fish.  It was as if we lived in Camelot...........but we did not know it at the time.  We had a state population of about one million and it is geographically a really big state. We were spread out and pleased with that reality.  Now we have 22 times that many people.  No wonder there is traffic congestion, air pollution, and a diminishing supply of potable water.  Our lakes are trashed. There is mercury and other contaminates that make the fresh water fish a questionable food choice.

Yeah, I know.  Old mans nostalgia and bitch, bitch, bitch.   :rant1:

Yes, way too many people. I've never contributed to the gene pool, I've just raised other people's mistakes.  I now consider them and their kids "mine", but my genetic story ends with me.  So, that's one good thing I've done.  Now, if I can just make the jump to an electric vehicle....

No one

One day the planet shake humans off like a bad case lice, and all be right with the world.

xSilverPhinx

Not-so-random Thought of the Day:

Should I barricade myself inside my room against the coming zombie invasion? :notsure:

No one

Just go to your local government's headquarters, zombies like brains, you'll be safe there.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on April 09, 2020, 09:52:52 PM
Just go to your local government's headquarters, zombies like brains, you'll be safe there.

:puppysnicker:

xSilverPhinx

So, I found myself in the cute animals corner of Youtube and this appeared on my recommended videos list:

Title of the video: Koala Gets Kicked Out Of Tree and Cries!

:notsure: I'd bet almost nobody here knows what a crying koala sounds like! :lol:

(Poor little koala...)