News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Recusant

Condolences for your family's loss. It sounds as if it was good and peaceful though.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Mr. B

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

billy rubin

can't imagine he's any more popular in tennessee than in ohio

i had a co-worker explain to me the other day that rich people in america like joe biden kidnapped infants, beat them until their tissue was full of "endorphins," then transfused the blood as a health tonic.

not a bernie kind of place around here

set the function, not the mechanism.

Mr. B

Quote from: billy rubin on March 04, 2020, 01:18:21 AM

i had a co-worker explain to me the other day that rich people in america like joe biden kidnapped infants, beat them until their tissue was full of "endorphins," then transfused the blood as a health tonic.

WTF?

1. I've never heard that particular rumor about any politician. I've heard rumors of child sex trafficking but damn.

2. What do rumors about rich people like Joe Biden using the blood of children to reinvigorate themselves have to do with how popular or unpopular Sanders is in states like Tennessee or Ohio?

People in Ohio don't like people running for President who are not accused of sucking blood from the young?
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Recusant on March 03, 2020, 11:32:57 PM
Condolences for your family's loss. It sounds as if it was good and peaceful though.

If she could talk, she would say, "I'm not dead, yet!"  :D She's in hospice and declining, but thank you for the condolences. I think it's worse to watch someone slowly fade than to just pop off.

Icarus

Mr. B;  Billy Rubin is just messing with us.  He has a warped sense of humor that can put you off until you get to know his comedic ways. 

On the other hand the Appalachian people who live deep in the boondocks do appear to have some peculiar ideas about political types.  :faints:

Mr. B

Quote from: Dark Lightning on March 04, 2020, 02:45:17 AM

If she could talk, she would say, "I'm not dead, yet!"  :D She's in hospice and declining, but thank you for the condolences. I think it's worse to watch someone slowly fade than to just pop off.

I agree with your last sentiment. My wife's mother and father are older than my parents but their health is generally much better than my parents. However, there are some issues of concern. 

I remember watching all my grandparents slowly decay. Years of treatment and frequent hospitalizations and untold suffering before they passed. My great grandmother on my mother's side was a different story. She lived alone and took care of herself for several decades. Her passing was a surprise. She woke up one normal day, put the water on the stove to boil for her morning tea, sat down in her chair, turned her morning shows on the tv and went to sleep.

That's how I want to go.

I offer my sincere condolences for you and yours during this trying time.

billy rubin

Quote from: Mr. B on March 04, 2020, 02:25:54 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on March 04, 2020, 01:18:21 AM

WTF?

1. I've never heard that particular rumor about any politician. I've heard rumors of child sex trafficking but damn.

2. What do rumors about rich people like Joe Biden using the blood of children to reinvigorate themselves have to do with how popular or unpopular Sanders is in states like Tennessee or Ohio?

People in Ohio don't like people running for President who are not accused of sucking blood from the young?

bernie is an old guy. the bloodsuckers in politics use that technique to prolong tgeir lives. so old guys like biden and bernie cant win in my neighborhood. if they did, no ones children would be safe.

he told me that that is where all the missing children are going.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Mr. B on March 04, 2020, 04:13:51 AM

I agree with your last sentiment. My wife's mother and father are older than my parents but their health is generally much better than my parents. However, there are some issues of concern. 

I remember watching all my grandparents slowly decay. Years of treatment and frequent hospitalizations and untold suffering before they passed. My great grandmother on my mother's side was a different story. She lived alone and took care of herself for several decades. Her passing was a surprise. She woke up one normal day, put the water on the stove to boil for her morning tea, sat down in her chair, turned her morning shows on the tv and went to sleep.

That's how I want to go.

I offer my sincere condolences for you and yours during this trying time.

Thanks! That would be a good way to go, as well.

billy rubin

Quote from: Icarus on March 04, 2020, 03:10:49 AM
Mr. B;  Billy Rubin is just messing with us.  He has a warped sense of humor that can put you off until you get to know his comedic ways. 

On the other hand the Appalachian people who live deep in the boondocks do appear to have some peculiar ideas about political types.  :faints:

i didnt say i agreed with tbe guy. but its a reality around where i live that this sort of craziness is considered legitimate.

the guy alzo connected george soros with the bloodzucking, so to me it appears to be a modern version of the old jewz-eating-christian-children thing.

bernie is also jewish, i think. so its inevitable.

billy rubin

im sorry that its going to continue a while. thats always hard.

Tank

My son works for McLaren F1 and sets off to the Australian GP on Monday with no idea if it will actually take place as Ferrari are based in Milan which has just been quarantined and Ross Braun has said that unless all teams compete none will race. He could fly all the way there and back for no reason. He's not a happy bunny. As he flies business class I have limited sympathy for his situation!  :rofl:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Mr. B

As long as he gets paid for his troubles it's all good. Seriously though, 1/4 of Italy being under quarantine? Along side of all the millions quarantined in China? I'm trying to wrap my head around this current outbreak. I don't know whether or not I should panic or take it like I did SARS or MERS.

Change nothing or change everything? I have some money at the moment because of Tax returns but there are a lot of things I need to take care of, so should I dismiss my debts and home repairs/car repairs and use the cash available to buy enough food supplies medical masks and hand sanitizer to last a month for a family of five?

What happens if the administration imposes a federal quarantine on 1/4th of the United States? We don't have daycare and we can't afford to miss work.

How serious is this?

Dark Lightning

We don't really know yet how serious it is, but my bet is on not so serious. We had SARS and some other diseases sweep through but not causing "biblical" sized death counts. Using the buy-bull as a reference only in the literary sense, here.  I don't think that the chump has any sort of idea about what is happening or what to do, and he's been trashing the infrastructure, so that there will be less ability to respond, going forward. And his fan base will be cheering all the way to their early graves. This administration is complete "Bread and Circuses", minus the bread. It's disgusting, to say the least. I hope he gets it, myself. It would serve him right, though I doubt that he would appreciate the service.