What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 25, 2019, 02:48:36 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 25, 2019, 09:19:39 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on December 25, 2019, 06:05:05 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on December 25, 2019, 05:03:39 AM
In the last three weeks I have had two random women offer me oral sex in a popular stores branch near my work. I'll never look at those dressing rooms in quite the same way. Or likely ever use them again.

I'm so innocent. Does oral sex mean talking about sex?

No, it's listening to it.

I would call that aural sex.

I fucking hate homophones!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

And here I thought you were enlightened. Homophoneophobia has no place in the values in an honorable and tolerant society.

Good day to you sir!

xSilverPhinx

It feels like a Sunday, but it's not. :deadpan:

I don't really know what to do with myself...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 26, 2019, 12:54:20 PM

Do what you do every Sunday - skip church.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 26, 2019, 03:49:34 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 26, 2019, 12:54:20 PM

Do what you do every Sunday - skip church.

Check! ;D

Magdalena

...So...
My man says to me, today:
"I want to let you know that we've been together almost 18 years, and in all those years, the jokes you've told me over the years, only 1 % of them made me laugh."

I thought:

You know...considering I've been sharing with him only you guy's jokes, and translating them from English to Spanish and culturally as well.

1% ...That's something.
:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

They want me to enter a Jiu-Jitsu tournament along with some other members of the gym. The tournament scheduled in Virginia Beach this March. A two hour drive to lose in the first two minutes seems like a whole lotta effort for little reward.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on December 27, 2019, 07:08:19 AM
...So...
"I want to let you know that we've been together almost 18 years, and in all those years, the jokes you've told me over the years, only 1 % of them made me laugh."

I thought:

You know...considering I've been sharing with him only you guy's jokes, and translating them from English to Spanish and culturally as well.

1% ...That's something.

There must be something wrong with his funny bone, if he gave you that estimation. I'd say about 86% of your jokes have made me laugh, and that number isn't higher because there isn't the added benefit of tone of voice and nonverbal cues when on a forum. :grin:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on December 28, 2019, 02:33:37 AM
They want me to enter a Jiu-Jitsu tournament along with some other members of the gym. The tournament scheduled in Virginia Beach this March. A two hour drive to lose in the first two minutes seems like a whole lotta effort for little reward.

You might be surprised!

xSilverPhinx

Today is Saturday, but it feels like a Tuesday. :notsure: Or maybe a Thursday. I'm not sure anymore.

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one

It's the first day of the rest of your life, Argentium.

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 28, 2019, 01:07:32 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 27, 2019, 07:08:19 AM
...So...

I thought:

1% ...That's something.

There must be something wrong with his funny bone, if he gave you that estimation. I'd say about 86% of your jokes have made me laugh, and that number isn't higher because there isn't the added benefit of tone of voice and nonverbal cues when on a forum. :grin:
:hug: 86%! That's so sweet.

I make my man laugh, a lot, he was referring to the jokes we post here...You know..."A German a Mexican and an Australian walk into a bar and..." Or, "Knock, knock..." --That type of comedy is difficult because like I said I have to translate the joke from English to Spanish and then I have to translate it culturally as well. By the time I'm done, 15 minutes have gone by, I get a small chuckle from him, and that's how he finds only 1% of my forum jokes funny. :-\.

~But the cultural bridge that I build, that's priceless. :grin:
I think that's how The Most Interesting Man in the World is able to have inside jokes with total strangers. :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Raps 247:
...So...
"I want to let you know that we've been together almost 18 years

So you met him when you were 11?