News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on December 20, 2018, 03:30:42 AM
Sounds like just plain animal fatigue. I get to the point where I just stare at the wall when I'm really tired. Coffee only helps so much; then I just have to crash and really sleep.

Yeah, I slept for a few hours and seem to be reasonably recharged.  :woohoo!:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 20, 2018, 04:21:51 AM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on December 14, 2018, 12:01:38 AM
Quote from: Icarus on December 13, 2018, 11:41:55 PM
What the hell, I might have taken up embroidery if I had known there were such creative kits.

There's a lot of interesting patterns out there -- this is not your grandma's embroidery.

A long time ago I designed a piece of embroidery to be executed under my supervision. I drew the design on canvas and then chose the colours, the positions of which I then indicated when it was being embroidered. So it was being designed in real time, which led to a few changes of mind and unpicking, much to the frustration of my ex, who was doing the actual needlework. No, this was not the cause of the divorce. Here is a photo of the work in progress.

That's an interesting pattern, Hermes! 8)

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 20, 2018, 10:55:58 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on December 20, 2018, 04:21:51 AM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on December 14, 2018, 12:01:38 AM
Quote from: Icarus on December 13, 2018, 11:41:55 PM
What the hell, I might have taken up embroidery if I had known there were such creative kits.

There's a lot of interesting patterns out there -- this is not your grandma's embroidery.

A long time ago I designed a piece of embroidery to be executed under my supervision. I drew the design on canvas and then chose the colours, the positions of which I then indicated when it was being embroidered. So it was being designed in real time, which led to a few changes of mind and unpicking, much to the frustration of my ex, who was doing the actual needlework. No, this was not the cause of the divorce. Here is a photo of the work in progress.

That's an interesting pattern, Hermes! 8)

Thanks, it is only half done at that stage. I see I don't have a photo of the completed piece, but it is hanging in my ex-wife's house, so next time I'm there I will take one.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

^ Cool! Now I have a hankering for lamb kebab. It'll have to wait until tomorrow, though. We're having a potluck at my carving class today.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

hermes2015

Quote from: Buddy on December 21, 2018, 02:52:55 AM
That looks stunning Hermes!

Thank you, Buddy. It was a huge task; she embroidered her fingers to the bone, but it was worth it in the end. I once calculated how many thousands of stitches it needed, but I forget the number now. Designing one's own, rather than buying a ready-made kit from a shop, gives one a piece that nobody else owns, no matter how successful it is.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

I just finished wrapping what I think is an incredibly clever gift for someone at work. I have to give it to them tomorrow because they will likely be at a bowling tournament on Monday. There isn't much that I want from others besides friendship but I truly enjoy helping people find things that have long eluded them. Helping people in any way is a great joy for me.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

It feels strange that I'm on holiday -- I don't know what to do with the free time!

To do list for the following days:

1) Sleep
2) Play videogames
3) Binge watch Netflix series
4) Sleep some more

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

I've been feeling like getting a cactus. It really represents how I feel right now, in general.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 23, 2018, 11:18:59 AM
I've been feeling like getting a cactus. It really represents how I feel right now, in general.

Are you going to give it a name?

I chopped down my mango tree.
I warned it, give me mangos or you go.
It didn't so it's gone.
I really think it was trying, it produced heaps of flowers.
It's all the possum's fault, they eat the flowers before they can mangoise.
It was very close to the septic tank and it was a sprawling thing that limited the view.
It produced mangos one year in its twenty five year life.

It had a creeper vine tangled throughout it.
You know the trap where a log suspend by ropes comes swinging into pummel the interloper? It tried that one on me, it missed, good attempt though.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 23, 2018, 12:15:08 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 23, 2018, 11:18:59 AM

Are you going to give it a name?

I chopped down my mango tree.
I warned it, give me mangos or you go.
It didn't so it's gone.
I really think it was trying, it produced heaps of flowers.
It's all the possum's fault, they eat the flowers before they can mangoise.
It was very close to the septic tank and it was a sprawling thing that limited the view.
It produced mangos one year in its twenty five year life.

It had a creeper vine tangled throughout it.
You know the trap where a log suspend by ropes comes swinging into pummel the interloper? It tried that one on me, it missed, good attempt though.

:lol: You sure it wasn't the possums that tried to swing that log at you?

:notsure: Spike? I don't know...I never was good with names.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 21, 2018, 08:30:07 PM
Vikings and Altered Carbon for now. :popcorn:

Vikings is excellent.
The theme song is a good paddling tune.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 23, 2018, 02:02:00 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 21, 2018, 08:30:07 PM
Vikings and Altered Carbon for now. :popcorn:

Vikings is excellent.