Quote from: Magdalena on June 20, 2017, 04:13:08 AM
Thanks for all the beautiful comments, everyone!  :hug:
You're all so beautiful.
Any news yet, Sweets?
No, not yet.  :sad sigh:
I'm often a gleefully merry asshole.
:snicker:
No, you're not. At all! :smileshake:

Thank you, Ali:hug: I'll think about it, OK?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ali

Quote from: Magdalena on June 20, 2017, 06:00:39 AM
Quote from: Ali on June 20, 2017, 05:50:58 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on June 20, 2017, 05:31:28 AM
Quote from: Ali on June 20, 2017, 04:26:41 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on June 20, 2017, 04:13:08 AM
Thanks for all the beautiful comments, everyone!  :hug:
You're all so beautiful.
Any news yet, Sweets?
No, not yet.  :sad sigh:
I'm often a gleefully merry asshole.
:snicker:
No, you're not. At all! :smileshake:

Thank you, Ali:hug: I'll think about it, OK?
Okay. I'm here is all. The rest is your prerogative. 😘

Biggus Dickus

I no longer drink, but when I did I was was really excited about all of the new micro-breweries which were popping up all over the country, and found a lot of enjoyment in tasting and sampling their many styles of beers. In fact here in Michigan many of the micro-breweries are highly rated, and they have a wonderful offering of single IPA's, double IPA's, Stout's, Ports, Meade, etc...but as with anything in this world it seems that they can't leave well enough alone, and get to the point were they feel the need to make everything into a beer flavor and simply go too far and end up creating beers that have no reason to be exist.

Thus you come across something like this, a "S'more Porter"...

Really? People want a beer that tastes like melted marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers? WTF ::)

Same thing happened with bagels, folks weren't happy with a plain or garlic bagel, or even an onion, or salted, sesame seed, even Asiago cheese bagel.

No they needed blueberry, raisin, cranberry, pumpkin (Fuck pumpkin-flavored anything), chocolate chip, gingerbread, maple flavored bagels, and even a fucking Hawaiian bagel.

It's armageddon I tell you, end of word time stuff.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Guardian85

Quote from: Gloucester on June 19, 2017, 05:42:14 PM
As if I have not spent enough months of my life being questioned, prodded, poked, probed and pierced by medical staff already . . .

. . . I just have to go and volunteer to be a "Simulated Patient" for student medical professionals (below the doctorial grade) to do clinical investigations on and diagnose whatever condition we have been briefed (and trained) to simulate. No actual probing or piercing though, they have "make-up" to simulate wounds and conditions and also prosthetics for injections etc.

Training takes place before the nursing course starts in September. Trouble is the teaching day starts at 9am, I am only just getting out of bed then! Also my free bus pass does not work until 9.30am. The museum where I work refund fares, not sure if the uni does, forgot to ask.
Did something similar once when I was in the military. We were helping to train\test some recruits for the Norwegian Special Forces, setting up some scenarioes with their instructors to test them. One of them was the recovery of a downed pilot. I was decked out in a jumpsuit and an old flight helmet, then hanged from a tree as if I had ejected from a stricken plane and landed badly. They were to get me down from the tree, patched up and transported to the road. All the while I was to play unconcious.

All good fun. Apart for the fact I was hanging from a tree in a Norwegian winter. And they dropped me at one point (In their defence, they were under simulated attack by friends of mine).

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Quote from: Father Bruno on June 21, 2017, 10:22:21 PM
I no longer drink, but when I did I was was really excited about all of the new micro-breweries which were popping up all over the country, and found a lot of enjoyment in tasting and sampling their many styles of beers. In fact here in Michigan many of the micro-breweries are highly rated, and they have a wonderful offering of single IPA's, double IPA's, Stout's, Ports, Meade, etc...but as with anything in this world it seems that they can't leave well enough alone, and get to the point were they feel the need to make everything into a beer flavor and simply go too far and end up creating beers that have no reason to be exist.

Really? People want a beer that tastes like melted marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers? WTF ::)

Same thing happened with bagels, folks weren't happy with a plain or garlic bagel, or even an onion, or salted, sesame seed, even Asiago cheese bagel.

No they needed blueberry, raisin, cranberry, pumpkin (Fuck pumpkin-flavored anything), chocolate chip, gingerbread, maple flavored bagels, and even a fucking Hawaiian bagel.

It's armageddon I tell you, end of word time stuff.
In fairness, I would much prefer a beer that rates like almost anything other than beer.

Dave

Quote from: Father Bruno on June 21, 2017, 10:22:21 PM

They tend to gat "unusual" guest beers in my favourite eatery.

Have had chocolate beer and capucino beer there - an, er, experience but I will stick to a good hoppy brew for prefference. Still waiting for them to get in some chilli beer!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Claireliontamer

Essie Mae

Last week a girl in about her early 20s with horrible injuries to her face and neck accosted my friend and me asking for money because she'd been in A&E all night, lost her dog, phone and purse and now needed to get home. We both gave her a couple of quid and went on our way. This was in Shaftesbury Avenue (London's theatre land); there probably isn't a hospital very close by. We wondered if we'd been had, but what would a genuine person in that position look like?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Essie Mae on June 22, 2017, 12:46:28 PM
Last week a girl in about her early 20s with horrible injuries to her face and neck accosted my friend and me asking for money because she'd been in A&E all night, lost her dog, phone and purse and now needed to get home. We both gave her a couple of quid and went on our way. This was in Shaftesbury Avenue (London's theatre land); there probably isn't a hospital very close by. We wondered if we'd been had, but what would a genuine person in that position look like?

I hope for your sake she was genuine but it sounds dodgy to me.  I'd have thought the hospital would have let her get in touch with someone or in the worst case scenario arranged for transport home.

Firebird

Quote from: Gloucester on June 22, 2017, 05:49:04 AM
Have had chocolate beer and capucino beer there - an, er, experience but I will stick to a good hoppy brew for prefference. Still waiting for them to get in some chilli beer!

I've made chocolate beer, actually. It was a stout, which was brewed with cocoa nibs, essentially roasted and shelled cocoa beans. Quite good, if I do say so myself  :D I usually drink ales more often, but sometime a hearty stout hits the mark instead. I have also tried chili beer, I believe it was from Rogue Brewery in Portland, Oregon, and it was interesting. Not bad, but I'm not sure if it's something I would reach for on a daily basis.
I've had some other odd ones, but the most bizarre was probably one that I had at a beer fest many years ago. It was made with baby formula. And the beer tap was shaped like a baby bottle nipple. It was not very good.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Firebird

Quote from: Claireliontamer on June 22, 2017, 01:33:09 PM

I hope for your sake she was genuine but it sounds dodgy to me.  I'd have thought the hospital would have let her get in touch with someone or in the worst case scenario arranged for transport home.

Agreed. That being said, there's a good chance I would have done the same thing.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Claireliontamer

I'm bored waiting for exam papers to be uploaded onto the online marking system. 

Arturo

Fuck I just sh@t fire this morning. I bought some buffalo wings a put different varieties of my own hot sauce on them. One included Dave's Insanity sauce and that life up my whole mouth. My body went numb cuz my blood was thinning and I went to sleep at 7 last night. I'm just waking up
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Firebird on June 22, 2017, 01:35:24 PM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on June 22, 2017, 01:33:09 PM

Agreed. That being said, there's a good chance I would have done the same thing.

I probably would as well, "a couple of quud" would not bankrupt me but could be a meal for another. Though I worry it was just towards the next fix. Otherwise, not much difference from dropping a few items in the food bank donation box.

In hind sight: did she have dressings, stiches or were the sounds in plain view - assuming there was more than bruising? Did she have signs of malnutrition, or anorexia (skinny wrists and neck, sunken eyes etc.) In the moment one does not look so closely.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

I had got jumped once and had my nose broken. I went to a couple guys asking to borrow their phone to which they replied "I don't have one"
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱