News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

I can foresee problems if they ask you to pretend to be sane.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 19, 2017, 06:14:47 PM

This was raised at the meeting . . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Gloucester on June 19, 2017, 07:22:15 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on June 19, 2017, 06:14:47 PM

This was raised at the meeting . . .

:i'mok:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Gloucester on June 19, 2017, 05:42:14 PM
As if I have not spent enough months of my life being questioned, prodded, poked, probed and pierced by medical staff already . . .

. . . I just have to go and volunteer to be a "Simulated Patient" for student medical professionals (below the doctorial grade) to do clinical investigations on and diagnose whatever condition we have been briefed (and trained) to simulate. No actual probing or piercing though, they have "make-up" to simulate wounds and conditions and also prosthetics for injections etc.

Training takes place before the nursing course starts in September. Trouble is the teaching day starts at 9am, I am only just getting out of bed then! Also my free bus pass does not work until 9.30am. The museum where I work refund fares, not sure if the uni does, forgot to ask.

Sounds like...fun.   ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Maybe try a simulated payment, Gloucester.

Ali

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 20, 2017, 01:04:10 AM
As if I have not spent enough months of my life being questioned, prodded, poked, probed and pierced by medical staff already . . .

. . . I just have to go and volunteer to be a "Simulated Patient" for student medical professionals (below the doctorial grade) to do clinical investigations on and diagnose whatever condition we have been briefed (and trained) to simulate. No actual probing or piercing though, they have "make-up" to simulate wounds and conditions and also prosthetics for injections etc.

Training takes place before the nursing course starts in September. Trouble is the teaching day starts at 9am, I am only just getting out of bed then! Also my free bus pass does not work until 9.30am. The museum where I work refund fares, not sure if the uni does, forgot to ask.

Sounds like...fun.   ;D
I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but I sincerely think it sounds like a hoot. I love everything about this idea, including the make up to simulate injuries and fake injections.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ali on June 20, 2017, 01:33:19 AM

Sounds like...fun.   ;D
I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but I sincerely think it sounds like a hoot. I love everything about this idea, including the make up to simulate injuries and fake injections.

:P I was being a little sarcastic, I think I would rather be the one applying make up and trying my best to make it look like an injury (that looks like fun) than having a bunch of medical students play doctor with me as their patient. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ali

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 20, 2017, 01:41:45 AM

Sounds like...fun.   ;D

:P I was being a little sarcastic, I think I would rather be the one applying make up and trying my best to make it look like an injury (that looks like fun) than having a bunch of medical students play doctor with me as their patient.
Well, keep in mind that my degree (looong unused) is in Psychology, and Abnormal Psychology was my jam, so stuff like this is right up my alley.

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 20, 2017, 01:41:45 AM

Sounds like...fun.   ;D

It's play nursey, not doctor.

Will void my mind of 1960s images of young ladies in starched little bib aprons and hats and black stockings being very strict with me . . .   :devil:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Thanks for all the beautiful comments, everyone!  :hug:
You're all so beautiful.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ali

Quote from: Magdalena on June 20, 2017, 04:13:08 AM
You're all so beautiful.
Any news yet, Sweets?

Arturo

You're all so beautiful.

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Ali on June 20, 2017, 04:26:41 AM
You're all so beautiful.
Any news yet, Sweets?
No, not yet.  :sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on June 20, 2017, 04:52:48 AM
You're all so beautiful.

I was, but then I saw Davin's 6000 posts "celebration."

That's all I'm here for, today.
Don't worry, Davin, I'm coming.

Ali

Quote from: Magdalena on June 20, 2017, 05:31:28 AM
Quote from: Ali on June 20, 2017, 04:26:41 AM
You're all so beautiful.
Any news yet, Sweets?
No, not yet.  :sad sigh:
*Hugs* Mags. I'm not going to claim that I know what you're going through, because I don't. But as a fellow Mom, I can imagine a lot of the thoughts that would be going through my mind. Please PM me if you want to. I know I'm not the most sensitive member that HAF has to offer; in fact, I'm often a gleefully merry asshole. But I was a single mom for three years (not that you're a single mom, but that if I take anything in this world seriously, it's momming) and I swear that if I'm sensitive about anything, it's mom stuff. Anyway, PM me if you want to. I'm here, but I also respect your privacy. Loves!