News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McQ

Quote from: "Steve Reason"Hey, I was thinking of becoming a member of the Planetary Society. Is anyone here a member? I'd like to get an idea about what kind of outfit they are. They won't try to hypnotize me will they??  :wink:

Seriously, I was thinking politically and such. Have they had any shading dealings or any such thing? Or do they advocate worshiping "mother earth", or have any Christian Science ties and the like?

Any info would be helpful. I'd rather not get involved with any loonies.  :D

I used to be a member. I let my membership lapse long ago though. It's fine. No cult, just science and the political side of exploration in space. Carl Sagan was a founding member. It's OK, but I felt like I didn't get much out of it.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Steve Reason

Thanks, McQ!
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/

MommaSquid

On my mind today:  I don't feel well.  I'm dizzy, achey, hot and sweaty...but I don't have a fever.  Damn it, if I feel this lousy, I'm supposed to have a fever!   :(

Whitney

Quote from: "MommaSquid"On my mind today:  I don't feel well.  I'm dizzy, achey, hot and sweaty...but I don't have a fever.  Damn it, if I feel this lousy, I'm supposed to have a fever!   :) )

I hope you feel better.

MommaSquid

QuoteI hope you feel better.

Thanks for the well wishes.  I feel a bit better today...less dizzy.  

I've heard of that undertemp thing, too...the stress of being sick can lower body temp, as can thyroid problems.  

Hopefully I just picked up a weird cold.

MikeyV

It must be an Arizona thing, Momma. I've felt under the weather for the last few days, but I'm not running a fever.

What's on my mind today? Sports...and um...sports.

Game 2 of the National League Division series is on tonight, Diamondback's have a 1 game lead over the Cubs. Go D'backs!

Opening night for the Phoenix Coyotes!!! WooHoo...Hocky rocks!

Other than that, waiting for Friday.
Life in Lubbock, Texas taught me two things. One is that God loves
you and you're going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the
most awful, dirty thing on the face of the earth and you should save
it for someone you love.

-- Butch Hancock.

Steve Reason

Quote from: "MikeyV"It must be an Arizona thing, Momma. I've felt under the weather for the last few days, but I'm not running a fever.

What's on my mind today? Sports...and um...sports.

Game 2 of the National League Division series is on tonight, Diamondback's have a 1 game lead over the Cubs. Go D'backs!

Opening night for the Phoenix Coyotes!!! WooHoo...Hocky rocks!

Other than that, waiting for Friday.

Ah give the Cubbies a break. They haven't won it all in a hundred years. :cry:
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

Steve Reason

Quote from: "MommaSquid"
QuoteI hope you feel better.

Thanks for the well wishes.  I feel a bit better today...less dizzy.  

I've heard of that undertemp thing, too...the stress of being sick can lower body temp, as can thyroid problems.  

Hopefully I just picked up a weird cold.

I know why you're sick... you live in ARIZONA! How many days were under 100 degrees this summer?  :wink:

Wait a minute, you haven't been swimming in that crazy Lake Havasu with the brain eating amoeba have you??

MikeyV

Quote from: "Steve Reason"Ah give the Cubbies a break. They haven't won it all in a hundred years. :cry:

99 to be exact. The Cubs last won the series in 1908. I'm hoping Arizona will make it an even 100.

8 to 4 beat down tonight, and we have our two best hitting pitchers coming up on Saturday and Sunday (if needed :)
it for someone you love.

-- Butch Hancock.

MommaSquid

Quote from: "Steve Reason"Wait a minute, you haven't been swimming in that crazy Lake Havasu with the brain eating amoeba have you??

Nope, no visits to Lake Havasu where the brain eating amoeba dwell.  

Besides, they might starve in my skull.   :shock:

BTW, baseball is boring!  Go, D-Backs?

MikeyV

Quote from: "MommaSquid"BTW, baseball is boring!

Blasphemy!!!
it for someone you love.

-- Butch Hancock.

MommaSquid

I just got home from jury duty.  What a massive waste of time!  I sat in the jury processing room (which is like the waiting room at a doctor's office with even older magazines) from 8:30 to 2:30 without being called as a prospective juror.  Then I was dismissed.  

And I didn't even get to say "jury nullification".   Geez.   :roll:

Kind of anti-climactic.  I got up at 5:30 and fought rush hour traffic for that?!

SabineMaia

Cheese.

a_jaynepayne

of all the the things on god's green earth (...hehehe........OH COME ON IT WAS FUNNY) you've got cheese on your mind?  did I miss something from an earlier post?
I LOVE GEORGE CARLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  "It's all b.s. and it's bad for ya!

SabineMaia

Holy mary mother of god, that was funny!

Nope, you didn't miss anything. I just like cheese. I'm trying to figure out which cheese to bring to dinner tomorrow to go with the seaweed rice crackers I'm also bringing.