News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Quote from: Icarus on October 04, 2022, 11:51:08 PMRecusants new picture of himself looks a lot like Isaac Asimov. One of my favorite authors, person of great imagination, and sometime raconteur.

As for the weather......There is another potential Hurricane brewing in the Windward Islands off the northern coast of South America.  We look suspiciously at such stuff at this time of year.

The death toll from the recent one has reached beyond 100. That storm was as evil as any in our experience.

Florida is a splendid place, but intermittent visitation by hurricanes reduces its attraction in my opinion.  :-\ 

It is Asimov. He was one of the central figures on my mental landscape when I was a youngster. One of his purported birthdays is October 4th--haven't yet got around to changing back to my usual Laughing Cavalier.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

We've suddenly had a few hot days after the freezing winter. It is expected to get to 32° where I live today.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames