News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

real gangsters tag dumpsters...

Started by JuggernautJon, March 18, 2011, 08:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuggernautJon

While stationed at Tinker AFB, I lived in South Okc. It wasn't the luxurious part of town. and  I saw a rigoddamndiculous amount vandalism on various buildings, bathroom walls, etc. Allow me to clarify what a "tag" is to those who aren't in touch with their inner "gangster." A tag is a gang's symbol, via spray paint, on various  buildings and whatnot. Its used to mark "their territory." I use the term loosely. I scoff at vandalism in itself (although I've thought of silly things I could write on the side of the Westboro Baptist Church) so when I see these things I get the urge to stake out the place and put my MMA training to use. At one point I've noticed a tag on the side of dumpsters and I can't help but wonder why they want to paint on a god damn trash can? Is the dumpster their territory? Are they stating that nobody can dump trash there, even though it belongs to a business establishment? Nonsense is what it is, created by incompetent individuals. Does anybody else notice these acts of douche baggery? What's
the craziest things you've seen, in the sense of vandalism? Does this thread matter? Probably not. I just thought I'd share this information for shits n giggles.
I come from the water

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.

fester30

At deployed locations, there are Jersey barriers used for everything from sectioning off parking lots to protecting buildings to lining the sides of the roads.  Most of these concrete barriers have been painted over the course of many deployments with creative schemes meant to depict a flying or maintenance unit, along with the home base they came from and even sometimes the names of the people in the unit, for prosperity.  It's a creative "I wuz here" for unit pride.

My last couple deployments I also noticed some "tags" on several of these barriers.  At first I didn't know what they were, until someone more educated than me on the subject (he watched all the Gangwars episodes) told me they were gang tags.  I was shocked that we had that sort of thing in the Air Force, until I saw that one episode of Gangwars where gangs are enlisting their members in the armed forces so that after their enlistment they return with combat tactics and abilities.  Just crazy stuff.

Tank

I've not seen anything like this around where I live. There are obviously graffiti about and there are a few tags I recognise but fortunately there isn't a gang culture as such, it's more just individuals. The place that I have seen the most graffiti in Milan in Italy. Almost every vertical surface was covered from ground level to as high as people could reach.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

JuggernautJon

You often see this stuff in the public bathrooms at a gas station or super market. So they tagged a shitter...do they own that now?
I come from the water

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.

Saeriva

Once your out of the Loop, there's plenty of graffiti in Chicago. Most of it is on apartment building walls, especially around the Red Line stations. I always wondered about that too, the logic behind it all. You can spray your name on it, but what does that do? People still live in that building, a realtor still owns it and someone's just going to paint over it because it's their friggin building. Tagging is a nuisance, plain and simple masturbatory narcissism.

The single most outrageous tag I ever saw was actually downtown on Michigan Ave during my freshman year. Someone had tagged one of those sidewalk billboards, the ones that are illuminated and encased in plastic... with purple crayon. When I saw it, I stopped dead in my tracks and sent pictures from my phone to my friends. Because, clearly, this was the hardest motherfucker ever. You don't step to purple crayon unless you are prepared to step strong.

JuggernautJon

Quote from: "Saeriva"Once your out of the Loop, there's plenty of graffiti in Chicago. Most of it is on apartment building walls, especially around the Red Line stations. I always wondered about that too, the logic behind it all. You can spray your name on it, but what does that do? People still live in that building, a realtor still owns it and someone's just going to paint over it because it's their friggin building. Tagging is a nuisance, plain and simple masturbatory narcissism.

The single most outrageous tag I ever saw was actually downtown on Michigan Ave during my freshman year. Someone had tagged one of those sidewalk billboards, the ones that are illuminated and encased in plastic... with purple crayon. When I saw it, I stopped dead in my tracks and sent pictures from my phone to my friends. Because, clearly, this was the hardest motherfucker ever. You don't step to purple crayon unless you are prepared to step strong.

Bahahahaha yes! I've always questioned the manliness and integrity of these gangs. I mean, look at history and you'll understand why the need for camaraderie is essential. With the rush of new immigration and whatnot. They had to stick to their own likeness to survive America's comically incompetent view on people from other places. But these days? I don't understand it. If they can't hack it alone, then they are fucking vajangas and they should be weeded out of society. Too harsh? Don't care. Just like religion, they are detrimental to the progress of humanity. Pushing violence through weapons (what? Can't take an ass whoopin'? Grow up.) And the spread of chemical drugs (natural drugs are fine, thank you)....alright, so maybe I'm being biased. I had a knife pulled on me once while confronting two gentlemen of hispanic decent about their involvement in spray painting a building infront of my apartment complex. These young men eventually saw the error of their ways, I am very persuasive at times :) anyways,
That's enough rambling from me...just thought I'd share my disgust of just one of many flaws of humanity.
I come from the water