News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

The Emotional Atheist

Started by MarcusA, May 24, 2023, 12:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

Do atheists not have feelings? Can we not bleed? Should we not revenge?
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Asmodean

They do, we can and we probably should.

"Everyone" at least somewhat conscious has feelings. The issue is what kind, about what and when/if they even matter to any-one except the feeler.

Every mammal can bleed - a lot of other organisms can too. So what? A pig can bleed - that doesn't mean I won't eat its bacon. My point is; the ability to bleed or, more broadly, to experience physical and/or psychological pain does not really mean all that much outside oneself.

As for vengeance... Yours is for you to decide. My only response to that is "expect opposition and do not be surprised if you fail."
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

:lol:  Revenge for what, though? Being born into a god-ridden world maybe. Not that I would say that I concur, but hypothetically, who we gonna whack for that, senor?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

MarcusA

To live as you will is the best revenge.

Asmodean

Quote from: Recusant on May 26, 2023, 07:04:14 PMhypothetically, who we gonna whack for that, senor?
The Asmo thinks that the nation of Israel owes The Asmo reparations for all that Jesus nonsense. There is no God other than The Asmo.  >:(

...Also, they owe the Italians for having Rome, whence came Romans, who tried to do the world a favour and nail that whole Jesus character to an plank of wood. Nails were expensive back in them days, you know. Add a couple of millennia of interest, aaand... There be coin there to be had, see if there be not! :smilenod:

Also no, not really. Obviously, or so one woulda' thunk.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

No blood from this stone. Just 20W50. And maybe a little C12H17N2O4P.

MarcusA

Your twisted history sounds just like a god's, Asmo.