News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Pets...what do you have?

Started by Whitney, June 22, 2006, 09:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

technolud

That sounds vaguely obsene.

Java

Um.. I have 3 cats and 3 dogs. Plus, I have an invisible pet named Bruce that I troll people with. You can't see him but you can't prove he's not there ;).
Zombies are here already. They're called "the religious."

Tank

Quote from: Java on June 26, 2012, 07:12:58 AM
Um.. I have 3 cats and 3 dogs. Plus, I have an invisible pet named Bruce that I troll people with. You can't see him but you can't prove he's not there ;).
I have a special optical system specifically tuned to the wavelength of invisible trolls and dedicated munitions to deal with them.

*Taps Bruce on the shoulder. "I'm watching you lad!"*

;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Java

Quote from: Tank on June 26, 2012, 07:58:13 AM
Quote from: Java on June 26, 2012, 07:12:58 AM
I have a special optical system specifically tuned to the wavelength of invisible trolls and dedicated munitions to deal with them.

;D

Bruce has chosen to like you because you're a happy atheist. Actually, that's a lie. He just likes anyone that notices him. Strangely, a lot of people don't..

OldGit

What kind of animal is Bruce an invisible specimen of?

Ali

Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 10, 2012, 07:11:46 PM
You guys are going to hate me for this but...

His name is Benedict. He was born in December and he is a mini Rex rabbit. He was bought for the people's daughter who lost interest in him after a month and they wanted to get rid of him or dump him on the side of a road. He was only 5 USD for him and his humongous cage.

I just saw this.  OMA! He is ADORABLE!!!!!

Java

Quote from: OldGit on June 26, 2012, 05:02:18 PM
What kind of animal is Bruce an invisible specimen of?

I have no idea. He's invisible. But he's there!

Rune

None. I don't like mammal pets and it's either that or something that you'll have to keep contained.

Buddy

I was thinking about how I never talk about Herman here, which is a shame because he is becoming a beast. It is hard to believe that in a little less than 2 years he can go from this:

to this:

Yes, that is the exact same hammock.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

OldGit

Wow!  How big will he get eventually?

Buddy

Quote from: OldGit on July 01, 2012, 10:22:54 AM

I think a bit bigger than a meter.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 01, 2012, 02:11:59 PM
Quote from: OldGit on July 01, 2012, 10:22:54 AM

I think a bit bigger than a meter.
He's a fine looking lizard!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on June 26, 2012, 07:58:13 AM

;D

Wallace and Gromit reference? Wallace often says things like this to Gromit.  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Icarus

I am a dog guy. I have two Australian Shepherds who are unemployed because we have no sheep or other cattle to herd. A few months back we lost his majesty, Teddy. He was a marvelous Bernese Mountain dog. He got along well with the Aussies.

My patio (central Florida) has lizards a plenty. They are common in this part of the world. They do no harm, grow to about 6 inches long, are semi tame, and fun to watch. The dogs ignore them completely. Sometimes there are a dozen of them in view at the same time.

For real serious lizards, we have an inhabited gulf coast island that has a very serious problem with Monitor Lizards. Those dudes get to be four feet long, they are vicious predators that will kill anything that they can overwhelm. Our Everglades is over run with Burmese Pythons. These snakes can grow to 15 or more feet long and weigh more than 200 pounds. They can, and do, kill and eat alligators. Their main sustenance is wildlife like racoons, armadillos, deer, or whatever is unlucky enough to cross their path.

The Monitors and The Pythons have outpaced all efforts to eradicate or even to diminish their numbers. Neither are native to this country. They were introduced to our ecosystem when people had them as pets and grew tired of them. The pet owners kindly, but ill advisedly, released them into the wild. Now we have an epidemic of bad assed creatures that we can not get rid of. Estimates of the Python population run into the thousands. It seems that they are vey prolific. Not to worry if you come to vacation here. You will not be tramping around the Everglades where the snakes abide.

Malakoot

I had a turtle and a fish .. they both died so I decided to have none.