News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Yorkshire in a nutshell!!!

Started by Tank, January 12, 2020, 11:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

Dark Lightning

;D Just a bit of silly, methinks. I liked the second one better, and the "Everly Pregnant Brothers" were icing on the cake! Then again, I thought Dr Demento had a good show on the radio. YMMV.

Tank

My wife's friend is mad on these and my wife showed me these yesterday. And we're off to see them live next month.

Recusant

I as well preferred the second song. Found it amusing that the closed captions for that are only in Dutch.  ;D
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Even without understanding parts of them, they're funny parodies! :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Tom62

Quote from: Recusant on January 13, 2020, 02:59:56 PM
I as well preferred the second song. Found it amusing that the closed captions for that are only in Dutch.  ;D

The Dutch captions are a parody as well. They make even less sense than the song itself.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Recusant

Quote from: Tom62 on January 13, 2020, 08:32:45 PM
Quote from: Recusant on January 13, 2020, 02:59:56 PM

The Dutch captions are a parody as well. They make even less sense than the song itself.

:lol: I'm glad to hear that.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken