News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

It's Not The Time To Talk About It

Started by Bad Penny II, January 08, 2020, 11:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

It's insensitive to talk of gun control when there's blood on the ground.

When fires are burning isn't the time to talk about global warming and making political points.

That's right and it's all the Greens fault anyway.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Siz

Well, not everyone is taking it too seriously.

What do y'all think of this, re. Greta Thunberg? From our very own outspoken comedienne who often gets away with her 'edgy wit' it by virtue of her cerebral palsy.

Quote from: Rosie Jones"I mean Greta's amazing and what she's doing is brilliant. But don't do it now. She needs to live a little, she's only 16. She should be doing two things – drinking Lambrini and getting fingered."

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/the-last-leg-ofcom-greta-thunberg-joke-rosie-jones_uk_5e0ef7bfc5b6b5a713b86a45?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMcwW8HTTOTBmWflbwcE0A7nqLOHeKFJ5tw-0j2N4agx9eTcvBcCOpEeAouSqLgplr121du4MEWJCJ-6xB-cqgEck--P8oHV2P_U319orbRaPMZKHH0LFfioc6pp2RA3eKaJaSTBmkBcKPj3eX7pE1OUWLuVg_F12bU3vioKkDU3&guccounter=2

The knee-jerk reaction is that of slight horror, but why is that? I think I'll refrain from further comment.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Siz on January 08, 2020, 12:13:36 PM

What do y'all think of this? From our very own outspoken comedienne who often gets away with her 'edgy wit' it by virtue of her cerebral palsy.

Quote from: Rosie Jones"I mean Greta's amazing and what she's doing is brilliant. But don't do it now. She needs to live a little, she's only 16. She should be doing two things – drinking Lambrini and getting fingered."

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/the-last-leg-ofcom-greta-thunberg-joke-rosie-jones_uk_5e0ef7bfc5b6b5a713b86a45?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMcwW8HTTOTBmWflbwcE0A7nqLOHeKFJ5tw-0j2N4agx9eTcvBcCOpEeAouSqLgplr121du4MEWJCJ-6xB-cqgEck--P8oHV2P_U319orbRaPMZKHH0LFfioc6pp2RA3eKaJaSTBmkBcKPj3eX7pE1OUWLuVg_F12bU3vioKkDU3&guccounter=2

The knee-jerk reaction is that of slight horror, but why is that? I think I'll refrain from further comment.

I hate The Last Leg, an ordinary and a couple of dolts.

Bad Penny II

Quote"She needs to live a little, she's only 16. She should be doing two things – drinking Lambrini and getting fingered."

I don't mind that so much.
Old people, our prime minister telling young people to get back to school, let the adults take care of it, I do have a problem with that.

Siz

Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 08, 2020, 12:34:13 PM
Quote"She needs to live a little, she's only 16. She should be doing two things – drinking Lambrini and getting fingered."

I don't mind that so much.
Old people, our prime minister telling young people to get back to school, let the adults take care of it, I do have a problem with that.

Yes. I suppose we should shoulder the loss of this erstwhile behind-the-bike-shed participant in the interests of global wellbeing.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Siz

Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 08, 2020, 12:28:16 PM

What do y'all think of this? From our very own outspoken comedienne who often gets away with her 'edgy wit' it by virtue of her cerebral palsy.

I'm surprised you even know it outside of the UK - hardly what I would consider export quality. It's not something that enjoys airplay in my house.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Siz on January 08, 2020, 01:45:13 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 08, 2020, 12:28:16 PM

I'm surprised you even know it outside of the UK - hardly what I would consider export quality. It's not something that enjoys airplay in my house.

How can you know what right thinking is unless Hills tells you?
He asks his dolts, this is right thinking isn't it? and they agree.
It's perfect television, only Putin's plutonium could improve it.

Ecurb Noselrub

We've been talking about it for a long time.  That's the problem - all we do is talk.  China, India and the US aren't going to do anything that is perceived to harm their economies, so nothing helpful is being done at all.

Siz

Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 08, 2020, 11:41:21 AM

When fires are burning isn't the time to talk about global warming and making political points.

Do you mean The Greens, or Green's fault?

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Siz on January 08, 2020, 02:42:30 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 08, 2020, 11:41:21 AM

Do you mean The Greens, or Green's fault?

The Greens but Green is complicit in The Greens evil plan to ruin the world.

It seems to me that those that have a counter view to me (gun control, climate change) are better at using the "it's insensitive to talk about this now" thing.  Am I missing examples where its used to defend my views or are "They" just better at playing the game?