Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Non-religious pet peeves

Started by fester30, February 20, 2011, 08:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on September 28, 2011, 02:07:05 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 28, 2011, 12:22:36 AM
People who talk on their phones for long periods of time on a long bus or train ride...

Oh! And act as though no one can hear them!
I have been known to join in telephone conversations, it really pisses people off and they almost immediatly hang up when they realise that people are actually listening to them!  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Xjeepguy

Quote from: Tank on September 28, 2011, 09:27:58 AM
People who talk on their phones for long periods of time on a long bus or train ride...

I have been known to join in telephone conversations, it really pisses people off and they almost immediatly hang up when they realise that people are actually listening to them!  :D
I am so going to do that next chance I get. ;D
If I were re-born 1000 times, it would be as an atheist 1000 times. -Heisenberg

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on September 28, 2011, 09:27:58 AM

Haha! Awesome! "Oh really? What did you say your bank information was again? Hold on, let me get my pen..."
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sweetdeath

I am so gonna do that next time, Tank. XD
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

xSilverPhinx

Firefox! The browser's gotten really bad lately.  >:(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 29, 2011, 03:58:51 AM
What's the problem?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Xjeepguy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 29, 2011, 03:58:51 AM

That's why I switched to chrome. I highly recommend it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on September 29, 2011, 07:44:17 AM
What's the problem?

It's gotten really slow, uses a lot of RAM processing power and so sends my computer at times into a general shutdown. I can't open pages with videos or flash player too. >:(

I used to be a fan, it was much better than Internet Explorer back in the day. Now it's just annoying.

Quote from: Xjeepguy on September 29, 2011, 12:13:35 PM
That's why I switched to chrome. I highly recommend it.

Already did ;D

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 29, 2011, 04:35:36 PM
What's the problem?
It's gotten really slow, uses a lot of RAM processing power and so sends my computer at times into a general shutdown. I can't open pages with videos or flash player too. >:(
How odd, my FireFox has gotten faster, uses less RAM and processing power and no problems even when running my system for weeks without shutting down.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on September 29, 2011, 04:38:57 PM
What's the problem?
How odd, my FireFox has gotten faster, uses less RAM and processing power and no problems even when running my system for weeks without shutting down.

Do you know why that is? ???

(I'm a technological noob.)

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 29, 2011, 04:40:48 PM
Quote from: Davin on September 29, 2011, 04:38:57 PM
What's the problem?

Do you know why that is? ???

(I'm a technological noob.)
Not a clue, I'd have to have access to your machine to find out. I'm not a fanboy, so if Chrome runs better and you like it more, then use that. There really isn't a big deal in which browser you use (except IE, screw IE).
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Ihateyoumike

Although this seems to be the "which browser is best?" thread, I'm gonna go ahead and give another non-religious pet peeve of mine: Side-seat drivers.
When I'm driving and someone's all up in my earpiece telling me how fast to go, where to turn, what obstacles to avoid, and the like, it drives me absolutely crazy. I've been driving long enough, so just shut your face and let me drive, or get the hell out of my car!
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Tank

Quote from: Ihateyoumike on September 29, 2011, 05:07:35 PM
Although this seems to be the "which browser is best?" thread, I'm gonna go ahead and give another non-religious pet peeve of mine: Side-seat drivers.
When I'm driving and someone's all up in my earpiece telling me how fast to go, where to turn, what obstacles to avoid, and the like, it drives me absolutely crazy. I've been driving long enough, so just shut your face and let me drive, or get the hell out of my car!
I can't sit in the front of a car with my wife driving, I have to sit in the back and pretend I'm in a taxi being driven be a maniac

Xjeepguy

Just pictured Hyacinth from keeping up appearances "Mind the pedestrians, Richard". lol
I love that show.

Tank

Quote from: Xjeepguy on September 30, 2011, 12:57:43 AM

Just pictured Hyacinth from keeping up appearances "Mind the pedestrians, Richard". lol
I love that show.
It's a classic!