News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Personality Type?

Started by Alexander, February 18, 2011, 01:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YaarghMatey487

No WAY! I wonder if there's a correlation between atheism and INTJ personality? It's one of the rarest personality types and it's statistically higher on this forum. I've taken MB's multiple times and I've always gotten INTJ. Hah... this is awesome. *waves at all the other INTJs*
"Don't you love the Oxford Dictionary? When I first read it, I thought it was a really really long poem about everything."- David Bowie

YaarghMatey487

Quote from: "ForTheLoveOfAll"Fun as these tests are, I don't really understand why someone would need to take a test to figure out who they are, what they're like, etc.

Either way, this one looks interesting. I'll probably do it later when I get time.

The test is primarily used by employers to seek out desired traits for specialized jobs. It's also used as a tool to help others better grasp why people act the way they do. It's less about people figuring out who they are and more about understanding the personality differences between people.
"Don't you love the Oxford Dictionary? When I first read it, I thought it was a really really long poem about everything."- David Bowie

februarystars

INTJ. How about that.

Edit: Looking at my preferred careers â€" computer programming, natural science, natural science education, engineering, management, entrepreneurship, law, librarian.

I'm actually a graphic designer / illustrator.
Mulder: He put the whammy on him.
Scully: Please explain to me the scientific nature of "the whammy."

YaarghMatey487

@februarystars- Heh heh yeah I'm about to go to grad school to become an archivist. Yay fancy librarians!

Melmoth

Quote from: "YaarghMatey487"No WAY! I wonder if there's a correlation between atheism and INTJ personality? It's one of the rarest personality types and it's statistically higher on this forum. I've taken MB's multiple times and I've always gotten INTJ. Hah... this is awesome. *waves at all the other INTJs*

To give you a characteristically INTP response: the correlation might not be with atheists so much as with people who go on debating forums. INTPs and INTJs, though both extremely rare in the overall population, both love a good debate, which would explain our relative commonality in places like this.
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

YaarghMatey487

@Melmoth- That makes absolute sense.

Ulver

Quote from: "Will"I'm an EMU.

You are:
- largest bird in Australia
- flightless
- omnivore eating both plants and insects
- eggs hatch after about 8 weeks

I think I did the test wrong.

:P

*But effballs, Carrie Fisher and Mel Gibson are INFJs too... welp, time to just whither into active psychosis now methinks!