News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Started by JoeBobSmith, February 06, 2011, 11:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretical Rants

Well, since guns are in the title...

In the US you have to be 21 to buy a handgun, 18 to buy a rifle/shotgun, and you can't have a handgun under 18 except for hunting/target shooting/etc, although your parents can give you a rifle/shotgun at whatever age they deem fit.

Some states have stricter regulations. For example, in Oregon no minors can possess firearms at all and in Texas they have to have signed permission from a parent.

I've owned my gun(a handy semi-automatic rifle) since I was 6. I don't think that I was too young.

My younger cousins each owned several guns before they were 10, and they make their own bullets as a hobby.

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "Cecilie"Nope.
"Nope", as in, "I agree", or "I disagree"?

Whitney

If they are too immature to wait till they are 18 they are too immature to be legally getting a tattoo in the first place.  At least having these laws in place keeps crappy parents from having their children tattooed.

Cecilie

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"
Quote from: "Cecilie"Nope.
"Nope", as in, "I agree", or "I disagree"?
Nope as in I agree that 18 years olds aren't that mature.
The world's what you create.

Asmodean

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"You're missing the point. What I'm saying is that they'll want to get a tattoo anyways, and then they'll go to shoddy, second-rate tattoo parlors that could possibly be dangerous.
What I think the point should be is that before you're fully grown, getting a tattoo is ill-advised since it can and often will become distorted as your body grows. 18 is a good number for that reason alone.  :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

terranus

I got a tattoo when I was 18, and I regret it. Guess what it is? I'll give you a hint:  :hail:
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--