News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What are you Eating right now?

Started by terranus, February 01, 2011, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Mr. B on February 27, 2020, 07:38:27 PM
That's a beautiful thing, when you can identify yourself...your personality by desrcibing food. Excellent crossover.
It is beautiful. :tellmemore:

Quote from: Mr. B on February 27, 2020, 07:38:27 PM
I am not currently eating anything but if I were to descrobe myself in food terms I would say I'm two days past my expiration date for meat products. That is to say, I'm questionable.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Some boring buttered toast.

It got my mind wandering. It would be interesting to add some extra elements to it, maybe sprinkle chocolate chips onto a thick layer of cream cheese and strawberry jam.

:notsure:

After reeling my mind back in I've decided that is probably not a good idea.

Oh well.  :shrug:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 12, 2020, 01:32:04 PM

It got my mind wandering. It would be interesting to add some extra elements to it, maybe sprinkle chocolate chips onto a thick layer of cream cheese and strawberry jam.

Pseudo butter and thin sliced cucumber with a smidge of salt.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 12, 2020, 02:03:40 PM

Intriguing combination.  :chin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 12, 2020, 02:13:20 PM

Morning-room in Algernon's flat in Half-Moon Street. The room is luxuriously and artistically furnished. The sound of a piano is heard in the adjoining room.

[Lane is arranging afternoon tea on the table, and after the music has ceased, Algernon enters.]

Algernon. Did you hear what I was playing, Lane?

Lane. I didn't think it polite to listen, sir.

Algernon. I'm sorry for that, for your sake. I don't play accurately—any one can play accurately—but I play with wonderful expression. As far as the piano is concerned, sentiment is my forte. I keep science for Life.

Lane. Yes, sir.

Algernon. And, speaking of the science of Life, have you got the cucumber sandwiches cut for Lady Bracknell?

Lane. Yes, sir. [Hands them on a salver.]
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

hermes2015

Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 12, 2020, 02:41:03 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 12, 2020, 02:13:20 PM

Morning-room in Algernon's flat in Half-Moon Street. The room is luxuriously and artistically furnished. The sound of a piano is heard in the adjoining room.

[Lane is arranging afternoon tea on the table, and after the music has ceased, Algernon enters.]

Algernon. Did you hear what I was playing, Lane?

Lane. I didn't think it polite to listen, sir.

Algernon. I'm sorry for that, for your sake. I don't play accurately—any one can play accurately—but I play with wonderful expression. As far as the piano is concerned, sentiment is my forte. I keep science for Life.

Lane. Yes, sir.

Algernon. And, speaking of the science of Life, have you got the cucumber sandwiches cut for Lady Bracknell?

Lane. Yes, sir. [Hands them on a salver.]

Ooh, I'm just Wilde about your style.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

cornbread, wussy style so my family will eat it, with sugar and some wheat flour and some soybean oil.

but i stuck a serrano pepper in there too.

i may or may bnot eat any, actually. i'm losing weight to fit into my motorcycle leathers, so i'm off the carbohydrates until further notice. but we've got teenagers in the house, including one from uganda who's here until the boarding school in town opens up.

so i made cornbread this morning for them. dunno whether the ugandan has ever had it. yesterday i made them blueberry pancakes and didn't eat any of those either.

coffee for me so far. no carbs in that.

set the function, not the mechanism.

No one

Dark Lightning

Split pea soup for lunch. The label says, "bacon flavored". Well, it certainly was after I dropped 1/4 cup of crumbled bacon in it!  :let'seat:

billy rubin

for dinner, i'm drinking johnny walker red label.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Mr. B

Subway Philly Cheese Steak and cheap vodka.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Dark Lightning

When it is cold and rainy, my wife likes to whip up a vat of chicken soup. My middle son picked up on that and is currently concocting said vat. I'm pleased because I was doing some more construction on a new tool chest and I didn't want to stop to fix dinner. :smilenod:

Magdalena

^^^
Today is cold and rainy in LA. I made chicken soup too.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Magdalena on March 13, 2020, 01:13:38 AM
^^^
Today is cold and rainy in LA. I made chicken soup too.

[partially doxes self] I'm in Simi Valley, so our weather is "similar". I like the part where the ocean breeze cools us off due to the heat above Los Angeles making a convective flow. :smug:

Icarus

Yesterday I made a delicious pot of Garbanzo soup, complete with Chorizo sausage bits, celery, onion, garlic, cumen, oregano, and a dash of rosemary,  all drowned in chicken broth. 

Today, friend wife made a nice stir fry of unknown country origin. It was good.  Just throw every veggie you can find into the wok along with some beef, pork or chicken bits and some oil.  A side dish of rice is optional but works well with the stir fry.