News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What are you Eating right now?

Started by terranus, February 01, 2011, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

I still have a little ways to go. I want to be lean and then perhaps add a bit of mass from there in the form of muscle. I need to be a fair bit stronger than I am.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

how tall are you? 160 pounds would be pretty thin for my height at just under six feet or so. i haven't seen 160 pounds in some 40 years.

i'm targeting around 170 or so eventually, more if i need to put muscle mass on.

muscle is useful, but it's heavy and bulky, and not really what i need. flexibility is much more important.

set the function, not the mechanism.

jumbojak

I'm about 5'10" depending on how my joints are doing on a given day. I don't want to get bigger but I do need to be stronger than I am. I'm the littlest guy grappling at our gym and sometimes you need that pulling strength to get a handle on someone. I'll never look good so I don't give a damn what I look like.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

well, i'll root for you but you don't need any motivation. what you've done is inspiring. i've eaten very lightly for two days now and my base weight to start with is currently 202 pounds.

my leathers fit me at 195, and at 186 they're even better.

so we'll see how i do.

hermes2015

Be aware that many processed products contain hidden carbs that raise your insulin levels.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Buddy

Coffee and adderall, breakfast of champions
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

billy rubin

Magdalena

I had coffee and a brownie.
(No, not that type of brownies.)  ::)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 14, 2019, 03:28:53 AM
Be aware that many processed products contain hidden carbs that raise your insulin levels.

You really have to read labels if you plan to eat any processed foods. I skip meals if all that's available is junk. Once you realize that you don't need to eat every day it's quite liberating.

billy rubin

that's hard to do.

i ate a container of anchovies and some celery sticks with peanut butter for dinner.

truck driving doesn't leave you with a lot of healthy choices on the road. i eat popcorn mostly and then stuff myself full of greens when i get home.

billy rubin

collards for breakfast

with some mushrooms sauted first with a little garlic, then two beaten eggs in top

black coffee

Tom62

Fish fingers with Rösti and a cucumber salad
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames