News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What are you Eating right now?

Started by terranus, February 01, 2011, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on May 25, 2017, 03:27:42 AM
...I don't feel like I'm missing out. I don't feel deprived. It's something that I enjoy all the way in my core. It makes me happy....

Well, that's what matters. :smilenod: Eating healthy and enjoying it.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Granola with little dried crystallised fruit cubes in some milk.

Dave

Sardines in olive oil mashed up with black pepper and garlic pureè, spread on toast, covered in thin sliced cherry tomatoes and then grilled.

Followed by a zero fat yoghurt with chocolate bits in it.

Yum  :let'seat:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 25, 2017, 03:39:15 AM
...I don't feel like I'm missing out. I don't feel deprived. It's something that I enjoy all the way in my core. It makes me happy....

HaHa, sorry xSP if I sounded defensive I didn't mean or intend to, but thinking about this guy in Honduras made me a little red under the collar...besides bugging me about what I was eating, (Basically wondering why I wasn't pigging out on the buffet at the resort we were staying at like he was) he also gave me some grief about not drinking.  I think most folk here at HAF are aware that I don't drink, and haven't had a drop in over 3.5 yeas, and this guy was telling me to just relax and have some beers or join him in a shot.
Drunks can some times be annoying when you are sober... 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

No one

BooksCatsEtc:
I like bleu cheese

xSilverPhinx:
So do I.

Look, you can either agree with me, or you can be wrong.

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on May 25, 2017, 03:54:56 PM
BooksCatsEtc:
I like bleu cheese

xSilverPhinx:
So do I.

I don't want to agree with No one, but I don't want to be wrong either.  :notsure:
What the heck!
May I join your, I like blue cheese club?  :)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Claireliontamer

I love blue cheese too.  Haven't had it in so long.  I love any cheese though, the stronger the better.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Gloucester on May 25, 2017, 12:51:56 PM
Sardines in olive oil mashed up with black pepper and garlic pureè, spread on toast, covered in thin sliced cherry tomatoes and then grilled.

Followed by a zero fat yoghurt with chocolate bits in it.

Yum  :let'seat:

That sounds delicious, except the zero-fat yoghurt.

Dave

Quote from: Claireliontamer on May 25, 2017, 05:15:33 PM
I love blue cheese too.  Haven't had it in so long.  I love any cheese though, the stronger the better.

Hmm, nice creamy St Agur, chunky Stilton, (with a nice port (or Madeira) on the side, not in the cheese!) Gorgonzola, Cambozola . . .  :yum:

But, extra-mature Cheddar tonight with my vino. (Plus olives stuffed with jalepeños, sweet chilis, cherry toms and rice crackers.)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on May 25, 2017, 02:32:42 PM

HaHa, sorry xSP if I sounded defensive I didn't mean or intend to, but thinking about this guy in Honduras made me a little red under the collar...besides bugging me about what I was eating, (Basically wondering why I wasn't pigging out on the buffet at the resort we were staying at like he was) he also gave me some grief about not drinking.  I think most folk here at HAF are aware that I don't drink, and haven't had a drop in over 3.5 yeas, and this guy was telling me to just relax and have some beers or join him in a shot.

Yeah...I don't know why people proselytise their life choices. Live and let others live as they see fit, as long as they're not harming anyone.  :hammock:

Drunks are almost always annoying when you're sober. :P But it's interesting to see what a depressive drug as alcohol is (as in it lessens certain brain functions, not as it it causes depression), does to a person...

Icarus

I made a batch of Sopa de Garbazo this afternoon. Because I am a klutz in some areas, I managed to burn the onions and bell peppers while attempting to sautee them.  Wife to the rescue. I diced some more onion, peppers, celery and she guided me through the process.  I managed the potatoes alright and the garbanzos too. A nice chicken broth, bay leaf, paprika, and other spices brought the whole mess to an entirely satisfactory and tasty end.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on May 25, 2017, 04:26:18 PM
Quote from: No one on May 25, 2017, 03:54:56 PM
BooksCatsEtc:
I like bleu cheese

xSilverPhinx:
So do I.

I don't want to agree with No one, but I don't want to be wrong either.  :notsure:
What the heck!
May I join your, I like blue cheese club?  :)

Join away!  And I don't mind being wrong -- I'm used to it.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Icarus on May 26, 2017, 01:21:55 AM
I made a batch of Sopa de Garbazo this afternoon. Because I am a klutz in some areas, I managed to burn the onions and bell peppers while attempting to sautee them.  Wife to the rescue. I diced some more onion, peppers, celery and she guided me through the process.  I managed the potatoes alright and the garbanzos too. A nice chicken broth, bay leaf, paprika, and other spices brought the whole mess to an entirely satisfactory and tasty end.

That sounds so good!

I was given a trick for preparing corn on the cob with corn that's slightly past its sell-by date: to the water you're going to boil it in you add 2 cups of milk and a stick of butter (I know, I know), when the butter is melted you boil the corn for 20 mins.  Fingers crossed this works -- I'm trying hard not to waste food so much.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on May 26, 2017, 01:21:55 AM

Ah, chickpeas! Love 'em but they a) are not good for gout and b) make me dangerous to be near or downwind of!

Arturo

Quote from: Father Bruno on May 25, 2017, 02:32:42 PM

Drunks are always annoying. Girls always trying throwing themselves on you. Guys always showing their private parts.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱