News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Hello fellow atheist

Started by father nicetouch, February 14, 2011, 12:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

father nicetouch

Hey, how are you all doing? My name is Arturo and i'm from the great state of texas in arlington. You know where we had that sucky super bowl at! Well, i was raised a christian. But as i grew older it was becoming harder and harder for me to believe in God. I read the bible and only took it as a fictional book. At the age of 18 i came out to my family and told them i was an atheist. As you can imagine all "hell" broke lose. And like most christians you cant sit down and have a peacful conversation with them. They tried praying for me of which i of course declined and only pissed them off more. I do not know why but pissing them off brought me a bit of joy! Now that im free from the grasp of religion i can now ask the question "why?" without fear of a vengeful god ready to punich me because of my lack of faith. Faith? Sorry, give me proof! Im here to learn from atheist and to see what are the many different ways to deffend ourselfs from religion.
We have talked about this before! I know you love me! But I think it would be better if we just stayed as friends, Jesus!

I tried talking to Satan the other day, but just like god, there was no response!

Whitney

welcome to haf, father (or perhaps I'll just call you FNT)

I'm just northeast of you in Garland.

father nicetouch

Quote from: "Whitney"welcome to haf, father (or perhaps I'll just call you FNT)

I'm just northeast of you in Garland.[/quot                                                                                                             i have read a few posts and seen there are alot of people from texas. Ill start posting a bit more tomorrow. Im on my phone right now and its hard to move around.
We have talked about this before! I know you love me! But I think it would be better if we just stayed as friends, Jesus!

I tried talking to Satan the other day, but just like god, there was no response!

terranus

Bonvenon al la Forumo!
[spoiler:3l6w3vn7]Welcome to the Forum![/spoiler:3l6w3vn7]
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--

Tank

HI Arturo

It's not blindingly obvious how long you have had an atheist world view so this link may not be appropriate viewtopic.php?p=74241#p74241 but it still makes interesting reading. Also you are now allowed to use a capital 'I' and a lower case 'g'  :D

Welcome to Happy Atheists.

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

ForTheLoveOfAll

Always a pleasure to see someone else who stands for reason rather than superstition. Welcome to the forum!
A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism.
-Carl Sagan

I loved when Bush came out and said, "We are losing the war against drugs." You know what that implies? There's a war being fought, and the people on drugs are winning it.
- Bill Hicks

father nicetouch

xSilverPhinx

Welcome!

Eh, don't christians see that we're immune to hell?  :|
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey