News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Age Discrimination

Started by Kylyssa, January 30, 2011, 06:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: "fester30"It's my favorite method when I'm wrong, but I don't think it's only for arguments with kids.  You can use the age thing if they're older than you, too.  Then it's not unfair discrimination, because you are treating them all equally. :raised:

:P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

JoeBobSmith

roflol
JoeBobSmith

Asmodean

Quote from: "JoeBobSmith"One of my weirdest experiences ever on an internet forum was when I found out someone that I had assumed to be a dirty old forty-something year old man was actually just a pervy 14 year old kid...It blew my mind
Stereotyping is such a wonderful thing, yes?  :pop:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

fester30

Quote from: "JoeBobSmith"One of my weirdest experiences ever on an internet forum was when I found out someone that I had assumed to be a dirty old forty-something year old man was actually just a pervy 14 year old kid...It blew my mind

That's only half the story.  That lonely, physically perfect lesbian that doesn't have any personal pictures because she doesn't have a digital camera or scanner in the chatroom?  She's really a 36 year old overweight, balding, never-been-married guy living in his mom's basement.  That lonely, physically perfect bi-curious woman who doesn't have any profile pictures because her webcam is broken and she has to buy a new one that he's chatting dirty with?  She's really a drunk, 28 year old divorced father of two who never sees his kids and can't afford a real date because of the child support bills.  Now I'm not saying all beautiful lesbians in chatrooms without pictures are really men pretending to be women.  I'm just saying this sort of thing happens.  Guys end up having cybersex with each other because they both think they are talking to a woman.

fester30

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "fester30"It's my favorite method when I'm wrong, but I don't think it's only for arguments with kids.  You can use the age thing if they're older than you, too.  Then it's not unfair discrimination, because you are treating them all equally. :raised:  roflol

Asmodean

Quote from: "fester30"Are you in my age group?  If not then you should know better than to make good points when you're talking to me because they are invalid anyway.
 :pop:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Cecilie

Quote from: "Asmodean":pop:
You use that smiley too much. I think you may have an addiction.
The world's what you create.

fester30

Quote from: "fester30"Are you in my age group?  If not then you should know better than to make good points when you're talking to me because they are invalid anyway.
 :pop:

Oh yeah?  Well, Aunicornist, take THAT>>>>> http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/06/unicorns-are-re/#

Hope you don't hate me for this like that one kid did when I told her Santa wasn't real.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Cecilie"You use that smiley too much. I think you may have an addiction.
Compensating for the lack of a miniature version of my avatar to use as emoticon.  :pop:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: "fester30"

That's only half the story.  That lonely, physically perfect lesbian that doesn't have any personal pictures because she doesn't have a digital camera or scanner in the chatroom?  She's really a 36 year old overweight, balding, never-been-married guy living in his mom's basement.  That lonely, physically perfect bi-curious woman who doesn't have any profile pictures because her webcam is broken and she has to buy a new one that he's chatting dirty with?  She's really a drunk, 28 year old divorced father of two who never sees his kids and can't afford a real date because of the child support bills.  Now I'm not saying all beautiful lesbians in chatrooms without pictures are really men pretending to be women.  I'm just saying this sort of thing happens.  Guys end up having cybersex with each other because they both think they are talking to a woman.
The real problem is that even when the person concerned is the age/gender they say they are but still turn out to be living in a bloody fantasy. It's only after a while that things explode when the person can't maintain the fantasy anymore. Sometimes the fantasy traps the fantersiser into a spiral of self deceit that gets harder and harder to maintain and eventually the person implodes. I've been caught out by this sort of thing twice. There is another issue. That the impression one gives/gets of another person on-line can be way different from real life. Even when that contact gets as far a Skype with webcam! I have met many people in real life that I have know on-line, and on the whole things have been fine. But on two occasions expectations didn't meet reality and the situations ended pretty badly. I am personally much more wary of approaches online now than I was in the past.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: "fester30"Hope you don't hate me for this like that one kid did when I told her Santa wasn't real.
It has one horn, but is not a unicorn.  :rant:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Cecilie

Quote from: "Cecilie"You use that smiley too much. I think you may have an addiction.
Compensating for the lack of a miniature version of my avatar to use as emoticon.  :pop:
I have noticed that it's pretty much only you and Tank that uses that emoticon.
The world's what you create.

Whitney

Quote from: "Tank"I am personally much more wary of approaches online now than I was in the past.

Um, yes...always meet in a public space where you are surrounded by trusted friends (doesn't' matter if you are male or female).  One of the members here at HAF met me at the FoF recently (he knows who he is) and then all he proceeded to do was complain (not to me, but publicly on meetup) about how we didn't have hundreds of people show up and didn't have new person greeters going around saying hi to everyone (it's a volunteer organization, not a business); One of the other members had helped him find his way around, I saw him having conversations with a gorup of members, I said hi to him and I introduced him to one of our other members who goes to FoF.  Not sure how someone could expect more than that.  And then he quit posting here immediately afterward...very odd.

Thankfully the rest of the few HAF members I have met in person are very nice people  :)

Davin

How's this?

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

fester30

Quote from: "fester30"Hope you don't hate me for this like that one kid did when I told her Santa wasn't real.
It has one horn, but is not a unicorn.  :rant:

It's one of a set of twins.  Its sibling had proper deer antlers.  It was born with just the one horn in the middle.  Most of the time this abnormality happens, it's either the left or the right horn that is there.  This is a rare situation where it's in the middle.  There, I read the story for you.

I always thought it would be cool to have a unicorn and a pegasus in one... so you could fly and have a weapon.