News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

When someone says, "Bless you.".....

Started by Being_Brave, January 22, 2011, 08:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KDbeads

Do what I do and you'll never hear it again from those who are normally around you...

"Do it again!  Do it again!"  lol
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

momewrath

I say "Bless You" from time to time, automatically. If I think about it first, I'll say "Salud" instead, which is also what I say (instead of "Amen") at the end of dinner table prayers at my grandmother's house.

Other 'religious' things I'm guilty of saying: "oh my god!" "good lord!" and "jesus f*cking christ!" also, not sure if these count "holy sh*t/f*ck!" and "for f*ck's sake!"

:P

terranus

Being a southerner, religious one-liners are littered all throughout my speech - unintentionally of course, but still - littered. It's just a part of the lingo down here. None of it offends me, because they're all just figments of speech. People say them without thinking about it. I have no plans to change my speech patterns just because I'm no longer religious. 1. It would take a lot of work and concentration on my part and 2. I'm just not that driven to want to accomplish something like that.

Anyone remember who that comedian was that was talking about when he and his brother were kids, and they would always get in trouble? And when they did, their father would say "Dammit!! JESus CHRIST!!" So for the longest times the 2 boys thought their names were "Dammit" and "Jesus Christ". Was that one of Bill Cosby's routines? I can't remember...

Ya'll have a blessed day now, ya hear!  :devil:
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--

elliebean

Quote from: "terranus"Anyone remember who that comedian was that was talking about when he and his brother were kids, and they would always get in trouble? And when they did, their father would say "Dammit!! JESus CHRIST!!" So for the longest times the 2 boys thought their names were "Dammit" and "Jesus Christ". Was that one of Bill Cosby's routines? I can't remember...
That's him! you win a dancing banana!  :bananacolor:
[youtube:29uqslm5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwYVqMj5i6k[/youtube:29uqslm5]
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Matt

I like actually kinda like it.  I only deconverted a few months ago so I'm still very entertained by the various inflections one can put on "My god!" and variants.  It's so much better than "gosh".

terranus

QuoteThat's him! you win a dancing banana!

Hooray! I do have some memory cells left in my brain! And here I thought Moses (a.k.a. Vodka) had already led them all out into the promised land (a.k.a. oblivion).
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--