News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Having a personal relationship with God

Started by lundberg500, January 06, 2011, 01:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

I like the Adventures of Baron Munchausen, haven't seen it for about yen years though.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Ihateusernames

A momentary search regarding this topic brought up this short clip.  Comments?

http://www.rfmedia.org/RF_audio_video/R ... onship.mp3

Granted this isn't how the run-of-the-mill Christian would understand it but I think it makes much more sense of the concept.  Anyway looking forwards to responses as always! : )
To all the 'Golden Rule' moralists out there:

If a masochist follows the golden rule and harms you, are they being 'good'? ^_^

gsaint

You want piece of evidence? I have given you a boat load. Still, lets look at the universe where did it come from if not God

Whitney

Quote from: "gsaint"You want piece of evidence? I have given you a boat load. Still, lets look at the universe where did it come from if not God
You'd still be left with the problem of where did god come from.

I think most atheists are content with saying there are some things we don't really know yet.

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "gsaint"You want piece of evidence? I have given you a boat load.
Could you please point me to these "boat loads of evidence"? Just links to your posts with them would suffice.

QuoteStill, lets look at the universe where did it come from if not God
It's an unknown at this point, although we have theories.

The Magic Pudding

So would that would be 300 cubits x 50 cubits x 30 cubits of evidence?
That's a lot of evidence, should be enough for any one.

DJAkuma

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"

So would that would be 300 cubits x 50 cubits x 30 cubits of evidence?
That's a lot of evidence, should be enough for any one.
Someone should start an experiment in which one man builds a boat to those dimensions with tools of the period and then pack it with animals, then a handful of people can spend a month on it to see if they can care for and feed said animals.

xSilverPhinx

I have a personal relationship with my psychic guide, and he guides through the good and the bad, directing me as if he were just my own limited intuition. In my internal dialogue with this being I've come to notice that he thinks what I would think without him as if I were directing my internal conversation with another wise mind, shares the same values as I do, even though those values differ from a book that is supposedly his, and basically sees the world as I do. He certainly knows about as much as I know, but extremely rarely gives me an answer that really couldn't have come from me alone. Instead, he prompts me to seek answers to questions as if without him.

Sure, I resort to him for guidance, but shucks, he's just so much like me that we feel like real buddies!  :yay: We both know eachother inside and out.

There were times when I just knew that the thoughts that were popping into my head were coming from him, all-knowing as he is (being on the other side and all) but alas, those thoughts have failed many times, just as my human intuition would.

Whether this is proof that my psychic guide really is the one guiding me through my life I don't know - but I really like to believe it is!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

JuggernautJon

Sorry, I read about 3 pages and cannot stand the wall of text anymore. This argument has been done before. Being in christianity for about 18 years myself (until I was able to escape my father's clutches) I've seen it all. Witnessing seminars for using incompetent arguments to "circumnavigate, or go around the person's intellect" as pointed out by Mr. Cameron. "Show me proof that I'm wrong.". Sorry if these points have been covered in the pages I didn't read. But, here is just a few that I can write  out in a constricted time schedule on this day.

1. Read "the spirit molecule." About DMT in your brain, and can also be triggered through substance. Same experience as though you were "drunk in the spirit" and whatnot
2. Mithra? Read about that god. Around up to around 1000 years before your "messiah" and actually documented in history. Other than the bible, Jesus isn't mentioned. Ponteus Pilot's biographer never even mentioned his name.
3. 98 percent of scientists are atheists. Surely not all of them are apart some big conspiracy to control religion. And if they are, they're doing a poor job at it.
I come from the water

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.

TheJackel

It seems that Moses had a discussion with a GOD.. Err.. Volcano!

[youtube:14ctmg1p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtI-lSvS028[/youtube:14ctmg1p]