What Type of Theist Is Bubblepot? Place Your Bets Here!

Started by Kylyssa, January 04, 2011, 06:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylyssa

I'm guessing Bubblepot is a Protestant Christian from America.  To further narrow it down, I going to guess Baptist.  What is your guess?

Bubblepot, please let us know which of us is correct.  Also, perhaps you could explain your reasoning in not displaying your religion as your worldview?  Are you ashamed to be known as a Christian?  Or are you just trying to deceive people into thinking you aren't so you can stealthily convert them?

Whitney

LegendarySandwich

KDbeads

pentecostal

Edit:  Wait let's be a bit more specific...... either Assembly of God or Church of God, the first seems a better fit.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

LegendarySandwich

He specifically mentioned polygamy, so I'm going to guess a Mormon. Maybe a member of the Church of Latter Day Saints.

KDbeads

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

LegendarySandwich

Kylyssa

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"He specifically mentioned polygamy, so I'm going to guess a Mormon. Maybe a member of the Church of Latter Day Saints.

Ooh, I bet you are right!

Recusant

:P

I'm not going to place any bets.  For all I know, Bubblepot :hide:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "Recusant"lol  That's the second time poor ol' Voter has been mistaken for Bubblepot.  (Man I have to restrain myself from modifying it slightly each time I mention that second name.) :drool  could be something in the same genus as an Aedus, or any other stripe of combative online fauna.  I think he (I'm pretty sure of the gender, but even that could be wrong) definitely needs to put some work into his act before taking it on the road.  It lacks artfulness and subtlety. There is potential, and the reverse-Poe is not all that common, so it's a good field for an aspiring Enfant Provocateur to go into. :hide:

Oh, yeah. I forgot they weren't the same person. My bad.

KDbeads

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Whitney"He'll have to let you know in about 6 days

So he wont be here to accept his award, that's a shame.
It would be OK if someone accepts it on his behalf I think, that's what happens at those big award shows.

Gawen

Anyone with the moniker of "Bubblepot" should be a pagan of some sort. A bubblepot that has a crack in it is also called a leaky cauldron...*grinnin*
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor